Thread: Ffxiv and sli/crossfire

Ffxiv and sli/crossfire

I unfortunately could not make the video-planned that I had prepared for the closed beta phase. I had a last time by changes in the closed beta to work with various problems, from dips at constant FPS when running my program, to completely broken video files. Is there any issues with the Ffxiv and sli/crossfire?

Re: Ffxiv and sli/crossfire

Possibly a side effect of my new video card, maybe SE is still hard on it to solve the problems with the graphics. But I think this is not a problem, from September 1, each enjoying the chance FFXIV for itself, and I can sit back a little. I hope in another respect even more fun with FFXIV, I hope you'll have it as much fun as I have.

In the notebook, first of all in energy management look and energy-saving setting it to maximum performance .. the travel can also already out. If what is on it own, such as Lenovo, look there sometimes, often, the CPU and GPU to save energy from braking. Otherwise, mobile components are never quite as powerful as their desktop counterparts. But that is being built into laptops, especially in the sometimes rotten boards.

To enable SLI/Crossfire support for the benchmark, take the following steps:
    1. Navigate to the extract folder for your XIV benchmark application.
    2. Ignore the FFXIVBenchmark executable and instead go into the \data folder.
    3. Find the file FFXivWinBenchmark.exe and rename to 3DMark06.exe
    4. Run the executable.

You will have to keep in mind that by running this executable (and not the one in the major extract folder), the application will go around the race/resolution select screen and go unswervingly to running the high resolution bench test with "random" race (you'll perceive that the "main" character race will change from scene to scene in the benchmark).

have this silly benchmark has still not made to run. It crashes after take-off with NEM black screen and the "FFXIVBenchmark has stopped working" message ..
    System:
    Core 2 Duo E6600 2x 2.4 Ghz
    Asus P5W Deluxe
    2GB RAM
    Asus Radeon X1950 XTX
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    In-itself, the system runs great, so far no problems with games in Windows 7 64-bit. Only this benchmark is not running. Previous attempts:
    • DirectX 9c newly-installed
    • New Catalyst on it (various)
    • All Compatibility

I suspect that your graphic card is just too old, but runs really great, even with games like Crysis, Aion in high resolution, however, is the latest of the Catalyst drivers no longer supported and it is in the Install either none or an older driver installed. The manual selection of a driver from the new package is not possible because of the lack of compatibility.