Thread: Pirated Splinter Cell Conviction harmful?

Pirated Splinter Cell Conviction harmful?

Is pirated Splinter Cell Conviction by skidrow harmful to computer? Last time, when i wanted to exit SCC, my computer just stopped and cant press anything so i pressed the restart button but then it wont start up again. So i bought a new one and when I open SCC, it stopped suddenly too but luckily i managed to end it using task manager. Is there really harmful malware inside it? why only my computer seems to have problem?

Re: Pirated Splinter Cell Conviction harmful?

Well, you cant trust the pirated versions of the game that you download from torrent sites/warez site. You see, some of those pirated games have viruses inside which gets automatically detected by the antivirus software and sometimes it gets removed but other times it harms your pc infecting all other security softwares. So it is better to have a legit version. Also, if your computer doesnt meet up with the game requirements then you are tend to get pc crashing problem, black screen problem and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
    Well, you cant trust the pirated versions of the game that you download from torrent sites/warez site. You see, some of those pirated games have viruses inside which gets automatically detected by the antivirus software and sometimes it gets removed but other times it harms your pc infecting all other security softwares. So it is better to have a legit version. Also, if your computer doesnt meet up with the game requirements then you are tend to get pc crashing problem, black screen problem and so on.
    My computer meet the pc requirement as i tested with but why all the other user dont seems to have any problem but im the only one with the problem? Details about my computer :

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz 6.9 5.1

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 5.9
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 5.1
    Gaming graphics 2779 MB Total available graphics memory 6.2
    Primary hard disk 201GB Free (233GB Total) 5.9
    Windows 7 Ultimate

System
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer eMachines
    Model ET1862
    Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 2

Storage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 466 GB
    Disk partition (C 201 GB Free (233 GB Total)
    Disk partition (D 226 GB Free (233 GB Total)
    Media drive (E CD/DVD
    Media drive (K CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
    Total available graphics memory 2779 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1755 MB
    Display adapter driver version 8.17.11.9562
    Primary monitor resolution 1280x1024
    DirectX version DirectX 10

Is there any problem with my system? thanks..

Or maybe its the problem of the 1.04 patch? coz it seems that all SCC player have problem after installing 1.04 patch like me... and between, wats the latest Splinter Cell Conviction patch out there?

As it is advisable not to install the pirated version of the game into the system as they are cracked and can be harmful for system but if you wanted to play the pirated version as other are playing then i think that you should have to check for the Graphic Card Compatibility of the game. Also i will advise you check for the Latest Graphic Driver into the system. Disable the Aero Theme of the Windows 7 and try to get the game running.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunal View Post
    As it is advisable not to install the pirated version of the game into the system as they are cracked and can be harmful for system but if you wanted to play the pirated version as other are playing then i think that you should have to check for the Graphic Card Compatibility of the game. Also i will advise you check for the Latest Graphic Driver into the system. Disable the Aero Theme of the Windows 7 and try to get the game running.
    umm... how to exactly check the Graphic Card Compatibility of the game? and btween, can u help send me the link to the latest driver? theres so many there and i scare i downloaded the wrong one~ thanks dude..

Quote Originally Posted by scarletsummer View Post
    umm... how to exactly check the Graphic Card Compatibility of the game? and btween, can u help send me the link to the latest driver? theres so many there and i scare i downloaded the wrong one~ thanks dude..
    Well, in order to check your graphics compatibility, i think would get much help from the following threads: How to check if graphics card is compatible with motherboard? And Windows 7 xp compatibility mode graphics card . And for the drivers, just visit this page, enter your make and model number, select operating system and download the required drivers. Hope this helps you.

wow.. when i tried to click "agree and download" the driver, it goes into "problem Loading page" cant seems to get it then... thanks anyway~ cheers..

Sorry buddy, there might be some problem with your browser or internet connection. I just verified downloading with 3 different drivers and all are downloading properly. Am using Firefox 3.7. I'll suggest you to try downloading on any other browser from the current one you are using. Let me know the result. If you still face any problem than let me know, i'll download and attach the drivers with the post.

i get it now... i used internet explorer to download it... but why when i played wif a local friend thru tunngle, i will crash and disconnected? while i tested my speed using speedtest.net and i can play smoothly on single player with highest resolution~

Tungle is peer-to-peer VPN tool which helps you to connect your own virtual server. But one thing you have to check is the port forwarding. Your firewall or any security application in your computer must allow users to connect to your system via Tuungle. For better flexibility a dedicated port number is forwarded by the software.The same port is then added under the exception list of Firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    Tungle is peer-to-peer VPN tool which helps you to connect your own virtual server. But one thing you have to check is the port forwarding. Your firewall or any security application in your computer must allow users to connect to your system via Tuungle. For better flexibility a dedicated port number is forwarded by the software.The same port is then added under the exception list of Firewall.
    i port forwarded edi and i can host game already but it still seems to crash or DC even though everythg seems to be working fine... besides, the program is already allowed in the firewall and i even close them after that~ this is a few of the crashes i get~ i dont understand why my computer is the only one with this problem while using the same file but others seems just to be fine.. 0.o thks~
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think that you need to uninstall Splinter Cell Conviction from your computer and have to reinstall it again. This time try not to update this game with the patch or else it will again give you some problems. By the way, you said you bought a new one, so did you buy a new Splinter Cell Conviction? Would you please elaborate your situation? Incase if you are using a pirated copy then, this discussion has to end here itself, because it is illegal as per forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
    I think that you need to uninstall Splinter Cell Conviction from your computer and have to reinstall it again. This time try not to update this game with the patch or else it will again give you some problems. By the way, you said you bought a new one, so did you buy a new Splinter Cell Conviction? Would you please elaborate your situation? Incase if you are using a pirated copy then, this discussion has to end here itself, because it is illegal as per forum rules.
    it is experienced by all, even pirated also experience that.. do you know how to disable video acceleration in Windows 7? They say by disable that, it would fix it. but my troubleshoot button is grey-ed.. i cant even click it.. thks~

1. Choose “Start -> Control Panel”.
    2. Double click “Personalization” and select “Display Settings”.
    3. Click “Advanced Settings”.
    4. Click “Change Settings” on the Troubleshooting tab.
    5. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.
    6. Click “Apply” and then click “OK” to accept the new setting and close the dialog box.
    7. Click “OK” to close the Display Properties dialog box.
    8. Restart your windows 7.