Thread: BioShock stuttering

BioShock stuttering

I have noticed little bit of issue with the Bioshock. Because there is some conflicts with its latest driver released. In this I have noticed that the last set of its driver that is 178.24 was running smoothly. And anything in the version 18x.xx has little bit of stuttering issue in that game. Even there is the same with the latest beta, the 185.81. But now the performance enhancements and such in the newest drivers are great. So I just want to know that why these issue cannot be resolved.

Re: BioShock stuttering

Yes you are right I have also faced this issue from long time. Regarding this I have searched then I got link of one of the forum site and there they have given the solution of this and I think you should also try for this it can help you . Till now I have not read that completely but as soon as I will read and try this at my PC I will again report here that what is happen. If you want then you can also go there just type on Google 2kgames and from there I think you will get your solution.

Here I just post this to confirm this that playing Bioshock on a 9600GT, getting huge, ridiculous stuttering. And here I do not want to lose the performance enhancement in further games just designed for Bioshock but I just want that Nvidia should do something regarding this issue to fix this. And I have noticed that many of the user reporting the same issue on some of the other websites. And I think rolling back to 178.24 drivers fix this issue which is related to the Bioshock.

I just want to hit this and back it up. And BioShock has major matter with every recent NVIDIA drivers, using my 8800 GT. The frame rates in general are immense, but there is extremely recurrent skipping and stuttering that appears to be connected at least to a number of degree with moving around in the environment. This sort of thing only should not be occurring and it is the only game I have noticed this difficulty in. It is totally unplayable as an outcome. And here I never understand that why these new drivers always break the older games.

In reply of this thread I just want to say that I am also facing the same issue i.e. I have also major stuttering in Bioshock with the latest WHQL drivers and a GTX 260. And this stuttering never happens in my 8800GTX back when the game was released, but it is there in the earlier driver version. And I have also did not faced this on my non-NVidia cards.

Here also I just want to tell you that the newest beta (168.08) has the same matter. I have observed a number of similar stuttering in Mass Effect as well, but whereas BioShock's appears to be associated to streaming in new stage areas as the player moves about, Mass Effect's was more or less random.