Thread: Changing a game's audio

Changing a game's audio

I HAVE ONE QUESTION ABOUT MU GAME THAT IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE ITS AUDIO? Means, I live in France but I do not understand French language and yesterday I purchased a new F.E.A.R game from market. I was in hurray so I did not check it for audio. When I came to my house, I found that it is fully in French language and it’s looking very cheap to me. I know that everything is possible on computer but I am new with this problem so I just need the solution if anybody knows about it? Otherwise I have to purchase one new CD for this game in English language. Is there any file which I can download from internet to turn this game in English Language? I have seen lots of Hollywood movies in dual audio system.

Re: Changing a game's audio

I never had such requirement in my life yet and I also do not have installed F.E.A.R game yet. But I know that it is possible to change the games audio file. You have to download English audio file on your computer (you can download it from internet or may be copy paste from another fear English game). After downloading this audio file you have to rename it as same as that French audio file has. Now just copy English audio file and overwrite French file with English audio in game folder. Now try to play game and you will get English sound.

Thanks for giving your time here to reply me. But I still confused that from where I will find this audio file? I have searched whole internet but I did not find anything there just they are providing me to buy online game in English. Nowhere I found that English audio file part. Is there any legal site which can provide me English audio file for game F.E.A.R.? Tell me another legal way to take this English file. Thanks in advance for your future reply.

If you do not want to buy a new game then forget about 100% legal job. You can download entire game form internet. You have to take it via torrent file it may less from 5 GB, you will not take long time if there is more active seeders and you have good downloading speed like more than 512 kbps. If you are lucky to find share with individual files visible (not zipped) you can chose only English audio file to download it. After downloading it follow the process explained by the Ninja-X.

I am very happy after seeing someone who has similar problem which I faced last month. I got tired to finding the solution for it but today I found this tread and got the news that I can replace audio file. I did the same as written in some previous replies. I have opened the box of game and installed it and it completely French version. And now one problem I found there, when u play game there are some bonus subtitle to get help and all subtitles are in French. I do not understand French language. it is ridicules. Fine, I call the tech support of vivendi games in France; it could be probable to swap it for the English version. If it possible I will call back them tomorrow. Otherwise I will buy it from ebay. Is anybody here have tried ebay? Is it good?

I want to ask for the similar problem but in different ways. I am confused that when I buy any Hollywood movie from French, it always has more than one language subtitle option. Nowadays also movies are available in dual audio facility. So its prove that there lots of space available. Man I desire they could just add the French audio but LEAVE the original one, will it really get too much room? Particularly on a DVD... Then left the option to the client. Some games do that (I think most...).

1. If you are jailbroken you can put the game with backup manager then ftp into your box and find the subtitle files and then load them in a hex editor. Then translate the Japanese to English. I used a method much like this one to change a few subtitles on Soul Caliber. No assurance this will job for you but it may be worth a shot. Normally if you have changed the audio file from French to English then you should not have any problem to playing it with French subtitle also. But if you want to change them then I have one trick but I am not sure about that. If your are

Nope, it is surely not legal, but it most likely will work well yes. if not FEAR has an end user license that permit the game to be interfere with (permit it to be derivative) AND to be copied (I don’t have the game so I do not know concerning that, but since there is less than 1 game in a 100 with that kind EULA, I hesitation it), then the downloading itself is technically illegal. But in a case like this, who cares. Unintelligent rules are meant to be ignored.