Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2 freezes

Battlefield Bad Company 2 freezes

I have recently started playing the Battlefield Bad Company 2 and I am facing many issues. Specially while playing the game, it freezes continuously. So I have to forcefully restart my system by pressing the power off button. I don't think that there should be some problem with my graphic card since, I can play other video games in which graphic card is required. So does anyone over there knows how to resolve this problem?

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 freezes

I think that there should be something wrong with the system files, assuming that you are having proper requirements needed for the game. So it would be better if you try to repair system. Many such issues have disappeared after repairing the system. The following steps will help you :
    1. Go into the command prompt: win key + R to access the run then type cmd and press enter
    2. In the command prompt put cd c: \ windows \ system32 and do enter.
    3. Then type sfc / scannow
    4. Restart your PC

I think that scanning should work for you.

Compatibility issues also cause the freezing. So I would recommend you to check (or change) the Compatibility Mode of the game.
    1. Right click on your shortcut bad company 2 present on the desktop, then properties, select compatibility your operating system. (e.g. Windows XP).
    2. Also in properties, check run this program as an administrator.

This will solve the compatibility issues.

Since you have not mentioned the operating system that you are working with, I am assuming it as Windows XP. Try the following steps to troubleshoot the problem :
    1. In the notification area, double click the icon realtek.
    2. Under your device will default to the default format tab and choose 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality)

This trick also resolves the problem of freeze occurring just after the cinematics in Alien vs. Predator. Hope that your problem will too get resolved.

If you are using the Windows Vista / Windows 7, try the below instructions :
    1. Go to the Start menu, then Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, and click the (materialized by a speaker).
    2. Then right click on your audio equipment and property.
    3. Finally go to the Statistics tab and choose Advanced 16-bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality)

You can also use the Punkbuster application to solve the issue.
    1. In Control Panel, then Programs and Features or Add or Remove Programs uninstall the game or using PunkBuster, then manually delete the installation directories if Windows did not.
    2. Restart the PC.
    3. Install a new game by selecting custom installation if possible and do not install Punkbuster (otherwise use the point (8) now).
    4. Make the updates of the game
    5. Create a folder in Program Files Punkbuster (XP) or Programs (Vista / Seven) or Programs (x86) (Seven 64-bit).
    6. Download PBsetup.zip
    7. Unzip the directory PBsetup.zip Punkbuster created earlier.
    8. Run the PBsetup and run the update if the update fails delete the contents of subfolders and files of bp in each of the games use. Then restart the update with PBsetup.
    9. Then download PBSVC.EXE
    10. Then head in the management of Windows services that hold the Windows key and R simultaneously then execute the newly opened type services.msc.
    11. Click the right mouse button on PnkbstrA choose Properties, then the Connection tab. Select Local System account, and then check the box Allow service to interact with the desktop.