Thread: Can't find any online games in Red Dead Redemption

Can't find any online games in Red Dead Redemption

I was very happy with the way Red Dead Redemption was going. The only problem that I am facing right now is, I can not find any online games in Red Dead Redemption. Every time I get online in free roam there's nobody there or it is totally empty. I can not understand what is actually going on with it. Please help me. Thanks.

Re: Can't find any online games in Red Dead Redemption

I have not come across this problem yet. I always find someone to play with. So, the only thing that I can suggest would be to repeat Fort Mercer Hideout. Fort Mercer is also the name of an unrelated location in the video game Red Dead Redemption. Try doing this until you are done leveling. Once you are done with this then you will be able to enjoy the multiplayer.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I think that you are not on the Xbox. This is root of the problem. On the release day, a review was carried out by the Ars Technica. The review said that Xbox version had better graphics. Also there were more people in the online space. The only disadvantage is it takes some time to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    I think that you are not on the Xbox. This is root of the problem. On the release day, a review was carried out by the Ars Technica. The review said that Xbox version had better graphics. Also there were more people in the online space. The only disadvantage is it takes some time to pick up.
    I have experienced this, there is a little difference in the graphics when playing. I have experienced full matches even on the PS3. It is not the case that it needs time to pick up. It is that users are feeling connection issues.

I am having the same problem. I have Red Dead Redemption for my ps3 and tried multiplayer a couple days ago but I can't seem to find anyone. Sometimes when I am lucky enough I find at least one person or it is free roam. I end up myself without finding any matches. Is there any connection issue since I have NAT type 3? Please assist.

NAT(network address translation), is the process that modifies the network address information in datagram (IP) packet headers. In conjunction with network masquerading(which is a technique that hides an entire IP address space) NAT is used. NAT usually cause the issues that you have just mentioned. So, look out for it.