Thread: Mafia 2 crash to desktop

Mafia 2 crash to desktop

I am having an issue with the Mafia 2 game which is not working for me. I have installed the game into the computer of mine which satisfying all the system requirement for same but whenever trying to launch the game it just got crash on the desktop only. I have reinstalled the game to work with the issue but that is also not working for me. If you can then please help me with the same. Thank you.

Re: Mafia 2 crash to desktop

If your game is started crashing on the desktop then you need to make certain changes into the system which is explained below. Just go through the beow given step and see whether you are getting it work with the same or not. I hope this will help you with the same.
    1. Go to Game installation folder (C: drive)
    2. Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mafia ii - public demo\pc"
    3. Delete mafia2.exe file
    4. Sign in to Steam
    5. Select Properties
    6. Click on "Local Files" Tab
    7. Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"
    8. Downloading start for Mafia2.exe
    9. Restart the computer

Did you installed the PhysX also? If you have not installed the physx also then i will advise you to download and install the latest version of the physx from the Official site that is nVidia. Just reinstall the game with the physx and see whether this time also you are getting the desktop crash issue or not. I hope this will help you.

This seems to be the issue with the graphic driver which might not be showing the compatibility with the game. To get rid of issue i will advise you to check for the latest driver for the graphic card and install the same into the computer to make the changes. Now run the game to check for the compatibility of the Mafia 2 with the latest driver.

I think that the issue is with the Antivirus which might be blocking the program to run. Some time the antivirus program block the program from starting. So to make sure just go to the antivirus firewall and make the program as trusted and allow to run the same. Now start the Mafia 2 again and let me know it is working for you or not.

If you are not getting it work with any of the above replies then its is better to contact the developer of the game and tell them regarding the issue which you are getting. You can contact the 2kgames forum where you can post the query of yours and can find the solution for same. So contact them and find the solution of your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by urgaffel View Post
    I think that the issue is with the Antivirus which might be blocking the program to run. Some time the antivirus program block the program from starting. So to make sure just go to the antivirus firewall and make the program as trusted and allow to run the same. Now start the Mafia 2 again and let me know it is working for you or not.
    yes its work Thank you

game magic2 application error p.0000065432?

Quote Originally Posted by utinwin2010 View Post
    game magic2 application error p.0000065432?
    You just need to restart your computer once or twice, thats it. This error will disappear.