Thread: Windows 7 - Vsync Cases Game Stutters When Enabled

Windows 7 - Vsync Cases Game Stutters When Enabled

I am planning to upgrade my system running on Windows 7. I want to add a 4GB RAM and Nvidia Geforce 8800GT gpu. I am getting good FPS on counter strike condition zero before on my other pc I shot at 100 FPS with an ATI radeon 3450. I went to the panel config to disable the vertical synchronization on my gpu the game gets lags while playing. This is a frequent issue now.

Re: Windows 7 - Vsync Cases Game Stutters When Enabled

I have now read the one with ATI cards under Win 7 will not come on 60Hertz. With the Onboard HD3200 support and Windows XP has served for nearly 400FPS. I also do not understand the sense of 400FPS or 60fps in the windows do not think. I once had a tool with which you could find the Hz but I had forgot about the same. I think you might need to search for different tool.

I am getting similar issue since I had installed windows at 7th. I had installed Ati software with the drivers and are all up to date. The vsync is to on. BUT in the game U I get stuttering issue. I had set the game on compatibility mode of Windows XP but that is not working at all. Can you provide me some information this regarding fixing the lagging issue in my system.

I have 32bit Win 7 times to test for the PC, unfortunately, made, I must say that despite the game off VSync soldier gets ONLY at 60fps, and much more complex games like EVE Online run perfectly even better than on XP. VSYNC is set to Always off. PS is no limitation in the Game Console do not believe. When I change the resolution of my desktop to the lowest point and constitutes Aero I get to 70fps.

I would strongly suggest to keep the vsync off and just does not installed new drivers every time. You can configure the same with addition of NEM tool. If you specified the same that means you might need to by some more RAM. Windows 7 more ram in comparison to Windows Vista. Use Riva tuner for sometime to get some power for your ram. But this is not the fix solution.

Open the NVIDIA Control Panel. In Display, Change Resolution and then click on the Add button resolutions. In the panel Add resolution then, click on the Create custom resolution. Once you open the new screen as we first set the refresh rate to 60 Hz and then click on Timing to expand the section. In this section, set the timing on standard Manual taking care to leave unchanged all other fields except the one on the refresh rate, highlighted in yellow, which will cause the value of 60,001 Hz. Give OK.

Go in the control panel of Nvidia Control pane and then click on View. Then click on Manage 3D Settings and from the left side list go to the bottom and scroll to Force off. If you are using ATI go to Catalyst control center and then click on 3D. Go to Advanced Settings and then click on All settings and there look for vertical refresh. Drag the slider to the end and to the lowest power.

stifangibbsun Guest

Yes you can install windows 7 it gives you nice performance and very smooth graphics but you need to install 4gb ram and Nvidia Geforce 8800GT so first check you processor because is able to work with all that high component or not then you can upgrade system.