Thread: Newly added shared folders not showing up on Xbox

Newly added shared folders not showing up on Xbox

I have created newly shared folders but it is not showing up on the XBOX, how I can see the shared folders? And that the folder which is created by me in the folders and I have previously shared via homegroups, they don’t see on the XBOX, what can it be a permissions problems whenever I have replaced all child permissions with the parent. but there is no solution.please help me soon,,

Re: Newly added shared folders not showing up on Xbox

I think I have figured it out. It appears that the xbox will not 1) display empty folders and 2)display folders containing only non supported file types (e.g. my movie .iso files)
    I think XBOX does not appears due to some basic reason .1)it is displaying empty folders .2)there is no supported files, folders only have non supportable files type.3)if extension is not supported to the file types then it must be not supportable.

I create a lot of folders to sharing, suppose I create 40 subfolders in my videos shared folder, after creating the folders go to on XBOX, and XBOX has video library so I choose this folder, everything is going on fine when the server was connected with a computer or from other media. when I have added new subfolder so it is not visible, I did follow bellow steps,,
    It is needed to updates for WHS, I did this. and also all updates for XBOX ,after doing this restart the sharing.

Whenever someone go to login at the homegroup , then the password should be entered by using network browser like windows NT, windows server etc. and we should keep this information into 'Add Network Share' ,after doing this we are able to add network share through network browser .but then we are not able to share the folder and folder is disabled yet, we cannot move further,, therefore we should select WORKGROUP, then we can see the folders in my computer.