Thread: Microsoft’s April 2010 Update damaged Xbox 360 Media Experience

Microsoft’s April 2010 Update damaged Xbox 360 Media Experience

Finally I got the worst part with my Xbox console. I am having an external 320GB USB drive that am using with my Xbox since long time. It has never given me any problem, neither while playing videos, music or viewing images. But after the last update that was in April or May 2010, am just unable to see it on my console any more. I tried to find out the cause, tested for errors, even formatted it but dint found any problem with the drive.

When I talked with Microsoft, they surprised with a statement. According to them, once you have updated your Xbox with the latest one thereafter only devices that approved some sort of compatibility test are permitted to be connected. In addition, they are not interested to five details about the compatible Hard Disk brands. After long chatting the only thing I got from them is that they only recommend Microsoft Products that are obviously much more costly than any brand.

This is what i experienced from the latest April 2010 update. Do you guys have faced similar issues ? Any fix for this.

Re: Microsoft’s April 2010 Update damaged Xbox 360 Media Experience

It has been found that the most recent Xbox 360 update has committed support for external USB Drives also offers Flash Pens to be used as storage space for downloaded content, games, and save files. Its really fine, nevertheless it is well unsettled that is already present in Playstation 3, and is mysteriously restricted to 16GB, a fairly poor figure, given the variety of goods obtainable now.

Me too aware of this update. It has also immobilized support for numerous third party external Drives including yet those that were completely well-matched and non-problematic earlier. Its really terrible on the part of Microsoft. Before there were many potentials as a complete Media Centre at the selling point of Xbox 360, but now they condensed its competence in this manner, reducing its compatibility, and building outmoded the external hard drives that consumers have been utilizing with no difficulties since a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhisar G View Post
    According to them, once you have updated your Xbox with the latest one thereafter only devices that approved some sort of compatibility test are permitted to be connected. In addition, they are not interested to five details about the compatible Hard Disk brands. After long chatting the only thing I got from them is that they only recommend Microsoft Products that are obviously much more costly than any brand.
    In short we can say that last update put in a minor expediency at the cost of creating the Xbox not as much of well-organized, not as much of COMPATIBLE, and with a reduction of HOME MEDIA CENTRE , even all at once depressing numerous paying clients who were making use of external hard drives for a long time, a few who remunerated money for this kind of device purposely to be used with the Xbox gaming console.

Though I am not a PS3 fan but in this situation I will say that PS3 is better than Xbox as it has full support for external hard drive since beginning. In addition, it also consists of the capability to save games on it. At present it is yet ahead of the Xbox gaming console as the most recent update has placed xbox at the back in terms of compatibility! This is extremely appalling and obvious effort to defraud consumers I found as of Microsoft in a while.