Thread: How to play XBOX LIVE in India

How to play XBOX LIVE in India

I want to buy a Xbox 360. I have some of my friends who are active member of Xbox Live outside India. I want some information on Xbox Live support in India. What are the membership charges and other features provided by signing up the service. I believe as compare to other parts of the world this might be a bit costly also. What are the other features of Xbox Live India.

Re: How to play XBOX LIVE in India

Xbox LIVE is the online gaming service created by Microsoft and is used to connect the Xbox video game console to the Internet.You can say it is a online network of gamers who play on a single platform around the world. There is Gold package which you can buy for 70 dollars for the entire year and that is not bad. You can choose one from Gold and Silver membership.

Xbox Live function in India long back before. From your Xbox console or from your pc you just need to sign up a membership on the Xbox site. I had provided a link for the same below. Click on the link and signup for a free or paid account as you need. You can then directly sign in from your gaming console and join your favorite game with world players.

Xbox Live India

Xbox Live allows players from around the world to connect to the Internet and thus able to compete on all the games compatible with Xbox LIVE. Xbox LIVE can also be used to download content which can either free or paid. This downloadable content are called as DLC which are addon pack for the games that you buy. They are released at frequent interval of time.

Xbox Live also adds an important element in online gaming, an opportunity to interact with other players via a headset that allows to talk strategy with his team mates or to challenge his opponents. A version of Xbox LIVE, the XSN allows for him to have a world ranking on a variety of Microsoft branded sports games. So if you have a good ranking then you can earn good points and that points can be utilized to get more games.

With the arrival of the Xbox 360 in which the games are mostly playable online you get chance to buy new stuff directly from the Xbox marketplace. Xbox LIVE is available in two versions. The first is the Silver subscription where are free to download the game demos and bonus directly on your Xbox. It also serves as voice chat. The other one is Gold membership where you get more options to play online. You also get redeem code which will let you to have discount while purchasing new games.

Here is the list of features which you will get on your Xbox Live Account. The first one is free membership called as Silver. It provides you five options. They are Free Game Demos, Game Add-ons, Downloadable Arcade Game, Avatars and Voice/Text chat. While there is much more in the Gold account. In Gold including the Silver options the additional you will get is Video Chat, Online Multiplayer Gaming, Eary Access to Content, Exclusive Discounts, Xbox Live Parties and Photo Sharing.

In Xbox Live you will need to create a Gamercard. This Gamercard acts as an identity card on the LIVE which includes your statistics, your reputation, your list of games you played, etc. You can keep or share your information as per your choice and you are identified by that. It is possible to change your gamertag if you does not want to use the old one. For that you will need to pay 800 MS points.