Thread: How to Create Anti Cheat Server

How to Create Anti Cheat Server

Hi mates, i need some urgent help from you all guys. I love playing game online, most likely Counter Strike on Hamchi or Garena or some times on Lan. As you all might be aware that there are many people who make use of cheats while playing online or on lan. This is the one and only annoying part for me, and i am the one who makes the server.

So what i need form you all is tip to make a secure server. Could you guys please make me know how can i make a Counter Strike Anti Cheat Server where people should be not able to use cheats ? Thanks for all your helps.

Re: How to Create Counter Strike Anti Cheat Server

There are amny ways you can secure your server. You can make use of VAC (VALVE ANTI-CHEAT), HLGUARD ANTI-CHEAT or Metamod. I'll suggest you to go with Metamod. The intention of MetaMod is to role "one level up" from the usual game mod DLL. Sitting among the mod game DLL and the Half-Life engine/binary, it cut off the task calls between the both, with the choice of passing them along unaffected, in addition to passing them on to as any amount of extra mod-like DLLs.

Re: How to Create Anti Cheat Server

Thanks for the quick response friends. I heard about these plugins from my friends and try to get info on google about the same. Spent much time but dint got how to install or congigure them. Infact am weak in such situation. So, i request you guys to please make me know how to make it work. Please post the step by step process of installing MetaMod or VALVE ANTI-CHEAT.

For installing that you will need to first install AdminMod 2.50. A later version is much better. The mode installer for the same is already available on Metamod. For updating the same you just need to get metamod.dll or metamod_i386.so. You can download that online. To install that put the Metamod library in half-life/cstrike/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll. Now you had done with the installation. Then edit the liblist.gam file and change dlls/mp.dll to addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll.

Metamod has numerous ways to offer config choices, somewhat because it started with 1 way and then further methods, but also since 1 method be capable of more suitable than the other, unreliable with the situation. Most probably, the 2 methods to configure Metamod are as follows:
    • on the command line, using +localinfo influence to hlds.
    • as the contents of various files that Metamod interpret and parses.

There are possibilities one can get confused if the pathnames to a few of the config files can be precise using command line options - or certainly as the pathnames to few config files can be precise in other config files.

In case you felt to go with VAC than installing VAC on your server will just take 2 minutes, its simple. What you need to do is locate cstrike/liblist.gam file, right click the file and select open with Notepad. You will find a line written there "secure 0". This is what you need to change to "secure 1" and save the file to activate the changes. Now when you will start the server for the first time after making the changes, server will download the most recent version of the modules to your server.