Thread: Sniper Ghost Warrior Black screen, upon launch

Sniper Ghost Warrior Black screen, upon launch

I had installed Sniper Ghost Warrior game. I have a graphic card. When I install the game I am not able to play the games. I have a black screen but I hear the sound that the game is working. I had downgraded Direct X of my system. I had also updated new graphics card drivers but nothing works there. There is a black screen on the game launch. I had restarted properly and the there was no error while installing.

Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior Black screen, upon launch

You can try pressing Alt + Tab. Or the second thing you can do is press Windows + D. At least by this you can go on the desktop. Check on the taskbar weather other applications are running on the background or not. Look also in the display properties and check that if you had not declared a second screen. Maybe the game starts on the second screen. Set that to normal.

It is likely a problem of graphics card. It is best to start in Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key during startup. Once safe mode loaded remove the old graphics card drivers and the reinstall the latest driver. It is possible that the installer which is not able to install the drivers in safe mode. In this case you must reboot the computer that will load a generic VGA driver. The driver of the graphics card can then be installed afterwards.

First I will recommend you to check the minimum recommended for the game. Try closing unnecessary applications running in the background. You can check that in Task Manager under process tab. Make sure your graphics card drivers are updated and the version of DirectX installed is at least equal to that recommended for the game. If possible lower the game display configuration.

Make sure that you can find some patch for the game to solve the problem. This may finally be due to using a pirated version of the game in which case the solution is simply to go to the nearest store and buy the game. It can be a problem due to driver. First update the drivers and second thing re-install the graphic drivers back again. Try to re-install the game.

I had the same problem with Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne expansion. I got Windows XP uninstalling my version of DirectX with DirectX utility Ripper. Once unzipped and launched clicked on XP to remove it and reboot the pc. Then reinstall the version of DirectX 9 and a reboot your system. After that launch a game. It seemed to come on my version of DirectX that I seemed a little unstable due to installation.

If this problem is continuous that means if you are not able to see the screen back again then there might be one of the following problems. The cable connecting the monitor and the CPU is not connected or disconnected or damaged. So you have to check cables fro the same. Your screen is defective or disconnected. Try it on another computer. Basically if you have a old system then game might not work.

the game works fine until you try to start the first mission when all the people are black and the background behind the people is Gray.but I have all the requirements for the game any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by nattyboi2 View Post
    the game works fine until you try to start the first mission when all the people are black and the background behind the people is Gray.but I have all the requirements for the game any suggestions.
    Can you please specify in detail, what problem are you facing? What is your computer specifications? Which video card have you installed? Also did you update the video driver to the latest? Have you tried playing or launching the game in low or medium settings, did you get the same issue in this mode? Let us know.

everything is black but you can see the background cause it's Gray and it is laggy on multilayer and on campaign. I have all the requirements and my video card is a NVIDIA 7100, and iv'e updated my drivers and put the settings to the lowest but it doesn't work.

You can try to create a shortcut to the game exe file and in the compatibility toggle "Disable Desktop Composition" that will work for you, as this game doesnt support support multiple monitors. You will also need to install the file "VCRedist" that came with it if you do not have it already.