Thread: Mass Effect 2 is lagging on Windows 7

Mass Effect 2 is lagging on Windows 7

I was playing the game called Mass Effect 2 in Windows XP, that is the older operating system that I was using. Now, I have done a clean install to Windows 7 and have installed this game again in my system. Well, the situation that I am facing now is that Mass Effect 2 is lagging on Windows 7. I am not able to understand why this is happening. I want to know how I can play this game without issues in my system.

Re: Mass Effect 2 is lagging on Windows 7

There is no need to worry if Mass Effect 2 is lagging on Windows 7. This is because the situation that you are facing is a genuine one. Games mostly lag on this operating system because Windows 7 utilizes a lot of graphics memory. This is why it is always recommended that Windows 7 must not be used for playing games. I guess there is no solution for this problem.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

If Mass Effect 2 is lagging on Windows 7, then there are many unwanted processes running in the system while you are playing this game. There is a need to stop all these unwanted processes before this game is loaded. For this purpose, simply start the Task Manager using CTRL+ALT+DEL. There, you will be able to see all the processes that are running in the system. Now, simply end the process that you dont need. Remember that you do not end the system's processes.

The computer that is installed with the Windows 7 operating system does not have the required configuration, that it can run both the operating system as well as the game. This means that you will have to increase the specifications of your computer. The main components that have to be upgraded are the RAM and the graphics card. Doing this will eradicate the situation.

You may be knowing that Windows 7 provides some built-in gadgets, that are there on the desktop. These have to be quit. Also, there is a graphical theme available. This theme changes the desktop background after some interval of time. This particular theme has also to be removed. You have to switch to the Aero theme to make the system more faster. Hence, the situation that the Mass Effect 2 is lagging on Windows 7 can be resolved.

The problem that Mass Effect 2 is lagging on Windows 7 is not an incompatibility problem. I have quit all the unwanted applications and programs before starting the game. Also, I have ended all the processes from the task manager that waste the resources of the system. Now, the game is running without any problems in my system. Anyways, thanks for all the help.