Thread: Mass Effect 2 Crashing right before title screen

Mass Effect 2 Crashing right before title screen

Here is what happens in my computer. First game Load via Steam. Hang around for Credits (lame they cannot be skipped subsequent to watched once). Become aware of 'Press Any Key' Title Screen. Press Any Key. I had in addition become aware of animation. Notice screen goes black (previous to loading Main Menu). I had also notice game collides to desktop previous too Main Menu is loaded. At the same time as on the black screen, user hears the audio music 'hiccup' previous to colliding to desktop. What is the issue I am not able to find it, what to do in this case.

Re: Mass Effect 2 Crashing right before title screen

I cannot get to the most important menu. Make a note that I determine to be reinstalling the game/DLC from Steam and determine to observe if this fixes the problem. Bring up to date: Reinstalling game via Steam tranquil does not run. Identical problem in the similar area, regardless of whether DLC is installed or not. Seems an assortment of users by means of Windows 7 (I am working on 64) are hitting this problem by means of the Steam digi-deluxe version or description.

When I went into Documents > Bioware > Deleted Mass Effect 2 folder Launched game > Press Any Key > Login to EA/Cerebus > Main Menu! I determine to try and report the problem the entire in excess of again, and observe if I be able to salvage the save file. Had to delete my first one. Which is lame, additional than I am in the most important menu at present! Ok, I imagine the difficulty is cerebrus network. Login to nucleus/Cerebrus is tied to the save file. If you launch game by means of no save file, it punctual you to login to nucleus and generates a player profile based on their email. On the other hand, once it looks for cerebrus correlation, something goes wrong, and the title collides to desktop.

Consequently, a user having these particular tribulations might be able to play once; additional than any time it tries to attach to the cerebrus server the game determine to collide. So far I collide when launching game by means of a save file, and once when I died in-game (pressed Resume, collided). There is not much I be able to do additional than play this introduce until I die. Unless this bug is a characteristic: Contra Difficulty. In the meantime I determine to be surfing the Cerebrus difficulty threads and observe if it fixes/changes the issue.

I noticed that the Cerberus Weapon and Armor loads as "Normandy Crash Site." Does that create several sense. I noticed that too. I figured you get bonus Cerberus Weapon and Armor contented during the Normandy Crash site mission. When I primary got this tribulations, I had the whole thing installed apart from for Zaeed's DLC. Thinking it was a one-off, I installed Zaeeds DLC, launched game, and at present I repro this collide 100%.

This occurs to me as well except I have comprised it on DVD. I noticed that the game appeared to survive the entire the method to the most important menu until I imported my ME 1 saves. Essentially I presently tried eliminating my ME 1 files and the game runs. Regrettably I do not desire to play the game without my import. Uninstalled, reinstalled, the entire via steam. Launched the game by means of no DLC, tranquil similar difficulty, still colliding to desktop when pressing 'Press Any Key'. As a user, I am out of ideas on how to create this work. I feel I have wasted a lot of money, pre-ordered money, for a game that does not run.

I have a comparable predicament, possibly related, additional than less extreme. My game collides(full on freeze, no collide to desktop, no ctrl-alt-del to shut the program down, immediately have to hard reset the system) if I sit at the most important menu and try to read the Cerberus network system. I am attractive certain I am associated to it (Cerberus network) and if I actually promptly try to start a game or load a game I be able to do so presently extremely well. Have not been capable to observe if my dlc is authenticated or not. I put in the Cerberus code here and I downloaded the entire the files that were listed as my unlocked promotions and installed them.