Thread: command and conquer 4 starting problem

command and conquer 4 starting problem

dear all c&c4 fans,

I have recently got a copy of c&c4 Tiberian twilight. The installation was successful and than I try to start the Game which resulted in a account creation screen(that was OK i filled everything in and then cklick on the "create new account" button). and wamo error message:

"Unhandled Exception : system.componentModel.win32exception: Application not found
    at system.diagnostics.process.startwithshellexecuteex(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)..."
    the rest of the message continual with more (what appears to be) debugging statements.

The thing is, I just install the game and try to create an account and it's crashing already.

has anyone seen this sort of message before or have an idea on how to resolve the issue, please let me know or post a reply hear.

(P.S I hope i have place the threat in the right place, if not I applogies and can someone move it to the right place - I am new to these forum thingy).

thank you to all contributors before hand.

Re: command and conquer 4 starting problem

First of all, can you please tell us your computer specifications, specially which graphic card you have installed in your machine? Have you tried updating teh graphic driver to the latest? From what i have heard from other forums, if you launch the game and get a weird "Unhandled Exception" error then usually a whole bunch of windows pop up and then it crashes out and next time you run the launcher, just click your desktop a whole bunch of times until the login fields appear. Then click in the e-mail/password area and type away. For some reason, this seems to work. Just try to avoid clicking anything else until you get in the game. It is just a server side error that you are facing.

hello all,
    sorry for the delay, but this annoying call life (eating, sleeping, working... ) keeps getting in the way.

here is the spec for my system(I put it together myself):

MSI 770-C45, AM3 AMD 770 chipset.
    AMD Phenom II X4 810.
    4 Gb DDR3 1333 ram.
    MSI N9400GT series 1 Gb video card.
    SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card.
    1 Tb hard schijf
    DVD speller(no name dvd player).

with dual boot win xp home and win 7.
    Last edited by cnc4747; 02-07-2010 at 02:37 PM.

attemps update,

I have installed the DirectX that came with the game disk - than try to create the new account for playing the game RESULT Negative.

update the video driver with window xp build in function for updating the drivers RESULT Negative.

the same error message still pop up.

You can download the patched exe file and dll files for command and conquer 4 from here. It is just patched files from a 32 bit vistas OS after the launcher updated the game made by some on the c&c4 game forums. I also used to get similar errors but after getting that error 7 or 8 times I decided to give it one more try and this time I was asked to agree to a license agreement, enter my serial number, create a persona and then the game finally loaded!

but that solution did not work for me. I download the patch following your link in the message, unzipped it and installed it.

than try to start the game but I got the same error.

than shut the computer down (thinking that the restart from the system will take the patch up during restart) and try to start the game again but no luck.

abishek Guest

I think this problem is very common and most of the users are facing it every now and then, you can however try to resolve this issue by following the below method:

1. Go to Start then Control Panel
    2. Double click on the Sound Tool
    3. Click on the Recording tab
    4. Right click and select "View Disabled Devices"
    5. Enable the Stereo Mix

thank you to all with input to this problem, but I stumble on to the solution recent. I just install the game on WINDOW 7 os(dual boot ), and it work perfectly. (play though the first 2 mission already-must admit the controls are very diffent from the other cnc game.)

C.U.

I just downloaded command and conquer 4 from online and every time I try to open it, I get the same "unhandled exception..." list and I can't get the game to open. I have a brand new HP Pavillion dm4 laptop with Windows 7 OS and my graphics card and processor are top notch - I have no problem playing other games like Age of Empires III.

I tried downloading the .net framework 4 that's recommended on the EA forum but that didn't work. I also tried enabling the stereo that was recommended on here, but still, I can't get the stupid game to work and I'm getting frustrated that I shouldn't waste money on EA games anymore.

Does anyone have a solution?

I just downloaded command and conquer 4 from online and every time I try to open it, I get the same "unhandled exception..." list and I can't get the game to open. I have a brand new HP Pavillion dm4 laptop with Windows 7 OS and my graphics card and processor are top notch - I have no problem playing other games like Age of Empires III.

I tried downloading the .net framework 4 that's recommended on the EA forum but that didn't work. I also tried enabling the stereo that was recommended on here, but still, I can't get the stupid game to work and I'm getting frustrated that I shouldn't waste money on EA games anymore.

Does anyone have a solution?
    I have checked about the same and i have found one mentioning that he was able to get rid of the unhandled exception error when starting command and conquer by creating a .bat file within cnc4 root folder, it should be in (*path to stean*\Steam\steamapps\common\command and conquer 4 tiberian twilight\)

@echo off
    call "Data/CNC4.game" -config "..\CNC4_German.SkuDef"
    exit

Si if you want then you can try out the same, just create the .bat file and run it and check out if it is helping you out in running the game or not.

Thanks for taking time to share the information. I finally figured it out. If I went into the game properties and selected to run in XP SP2 compatibility mode and then also to run as administrator, it worked like a charm. No problems. Not quite the game I was hoping it to be. I enjoy my jet flying game on my iPad much more.

Solution found. Thanks for the added insight.