Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7

I have done a clean install of Windows 7 by removing Windows XP. I have played Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands in Windows XP. I have copied the saved game files. But, the issue is that Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7. So, I cannot use the saved files until the game will load. I have installed it properly.

Kindly help me on how to start this game in this particular operating system.

Re: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7 is a problem that is caused because of an incompatibility issue between the operating system and the game. Most of the games, applications and softwares that run properly in all the older versions of Windows are having such problems in Windows 7. This is why it is always recommended that this particular operating system must not be installed or upgraded.

There is no need to worry if Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7. If you want to use Windows 7 as well as work with such incompatibilities of the system, then you need to install another operating system like Windows XP in another drive of your computer. Thus, you will get a dual boot option and load into the operating system that you wish. When you want to run the incompatibilities, just load into Windows XP.

Inorder to get rid of the incompatibility problem that the Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7, you just have to start the game in the compatibility mode. For this mode, go to the icon of the game and right-click on the same. After that, select the option for troubleshoot compatibility. Here, you can select the mode in which you want the game to run. Preferably use the recommended settings given by the system.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

The operating system may be blocking the game from starting and this is why Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7. This is just a security feature of the operating system. There is a very simple solution for this issue.

You just have to force the game to start. This can be done with the help of the "run as administrator" option.

Just let me know if the situation is solved or not with the help of this technique.

If an incompatibility problem is causing the issue that Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7, then you will have to search the internet for the compatibility tool of this game. All the applications, programs and games that have such incompatibility problems are provided with such tools. You will have to install this tool before the game is installed in the system. I can assure you that your problems will be solved with the help of this method because I have eradicated many such issues in my system with the same technique.

Thank you for providing all your replies and suggestions on the situation that Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7. Well, I have solved the problem with the help of the compatibility mode. I selected the Windows XP mode and the game has started and working fine in my system. So, there is an incompatibility problem between the game and the Windows 7 operating system.

It is good to know that the situation that Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7 has been solved because of the suggestions that have been provided here. As there are cooperative people who can help you with required information or solve any problem that you are facing, you are free to post any of your queries here.

sad Re: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7

Sir i have download prince of persia the forgotten sand. while i click the set up button to install the game it shows an error message as follows:-

" An error (-5001 : 0x80070002) has occurred while running the set up.
    Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor."

Sir, i need your suggestion. kindly help. Thanks.

Did you had prince of persia earlier than this on the same Computer ? Such errors probably occurs when you have the same game again and tried to reinstall again. If so, make sure you have completely deleted the previous one including all its folders and all. Also, reboot the PC and try installing again from the current setup. it should work, do reply the results.

No sir i haven't installed the game previously. beside i had also formated my laptop. Actually i have downloaded the game. As the size of the game is 6 GB so i write the game in two DVDs. Then i copy the game from the DVDs and paste it in my computer folder. Now when I try to press the set-up button to install the game, it shows the error message. please help

This possibly will be reason through a missing setup.ini. Setup.ini necessitates being in the similar location as the setup.exe (apart from for compressed setups because the setup.ini is brook into the compressed setup.exe). Error 0x80070002 (file not found) would appear to point out that setup.ini is absent. so please check for this file and if its present and still not working then i don't know about it. best of luck..

sir, i have cheked the file. I have three setup files. 1. setup ( Application), 2. setup ( configuration settings ) and 3. setup.inx (INX file ). I have no setup.ini file. Now what to do? Thanks.

No sir i haven't installed the game previously. beside i had also formated my laptop. Actually i have downloaded the game. As the size of the game is 6 GB so i write the game in two DVDs. Then i copy the game from the DVDs and paste it in my computer folder. Now when I try to press the set-up button to install the game, it shows the error message. please help
    You have said that you had burn the game files in 2 separate DVDs. How did you split those download files? Have you done it by yourself or by the use of software. If you have manually separated the files and burned it, then there might be slight issue. If you want to write the large files into 2 discs you need to find a proper software for that. My choice is "Splitter & Merger". Keep in mind that you need to split and merge file using same software only.

I have splitted up those files manually without using any softwares. Now i have deleted the original downloaded file. Is there any scope to repair or merge the two splitted files and play the game? any suggestion sir?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast