Thread: Problem running POP Sands of time on Macbook

Problem running POP Sands of time on Macbook

Hello there, I am facing some problems while running Prince of Persia Sands of time on my Macbook Pro.The Macbook Pro is installed with Mac OS X Snow Leopard on it and has an Intel 82945G graphics chipset. The problem is that whenever I start the game, it gives error message saying " The game cannot start : Unknown error". How do I get the game running on my Macbook? Please suggest some solutions.

Re: Problem running POP Sands of time on Macbook

I would suggest that you check the version of the game installed on the computer. For any application to run properly on the system, all the files associated to the application should work properly. If any file associated to the application is missing or corrupt the application will not work. Try reinstalling the game on the Macbook and see if the game works properly or not.

Does your computer meet all the system requirements for the game? For the game to work smoothly on the computer, the minimum system requirements of the game should be fulfilled. If the minimum system requirements are not fulfilled the game will not run at all or will give some problems while running. Hence I will suggest that you check the minimum system requirements of the game and see if the system fulfills it or not.

Clear some system memory on the Macbook before running the game. Gaming applications utilize lot of system resources. If other applications are running on the computer along with the game, the system will not be able to allocate the required resources. Therefore open the activity monitor and terminate all the processes which are not required. After terminating all the processes, see if the game runs properly.

Have you configured the graphic settings of the graphic card on the Macbook? For running the game on the computer, some graphics settings are required to be done on the computer. Configure the graphics card on the Macbook according to the graphics requirement of the game and see if the game is running on the Macbook.

The videocard Intel 82945G installed on the macbook is not supported by the game of the game. The graphic card does not support the required features of "D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT" which are required for the game. Therefore the only way to play the game on the computer is to replace the video card on the computer.