Thread: PoP - The Forgotten Sands is not running smoothly - low FPS problem

PoP - The Forgotten Sands is not running smoothly - low FPS problem

Sup gamers, Like everybody else I was also very much excited to play the game but after installation of the game all my excitement had gone due to the terrible performance of the game. I installed the game on my computer and started it but the game runs on a very low FPS. I am not able to figure out why the game is running on a very low FPS rate and hence need your help in solving this issue. Any suggestions/solutions regarding the issue are more than welcome.

Re: PoP - The Forgotten Sands is not running smoothly - low FPS problem

First of all as the game performance is not good, I will suggest that you check the minimum system requirements for the game. For the game to work properly on the computer, its minimum system requirements are to be fulfilled. If the minimum system requirements are not fulfilled, the game will either not run at all or will give some errors while running. I will suggest that you refer the minimum system requirements and see if the computer fulfills it or not.

Prince of Persia The forgotten sands takes up lot of resources of the computer and hence if there are any applications running on the computer along with the game, the performance of the game will be low. Therefore before starting the game, open the task manager and go to processes tab. Check all the processes which are running. Terminate all the processes which are not required and then start the game. Hopefully the performance of the game will improve.

Is there any Antivirus installed on the computer? If yes then disable the realtime shield of the Antivirus and then run the game. Sometimes the real time shield of the antivirus blocks the applications which are executed on the computer. As the realtime shield of the antivirus can degrade the performance of the game, disable it and then check if the game is running properly.

If you are using a multicore processor then you will have to disable the extra processing cores while playing the game. To disable th extra processing cores while playing the game, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and locate the process of the game. Right click on the game process and select Set affinity. Remove one processor and click on OK. See if the game is working smoothly.

You will have to configure the graphic card according to the game for improving the performance of the game. Open the graphic properties of the graphic card and select Manage 3D settings. Enable Triple Buffering, Anistropic filtering and Vertical sync. Save the settings and then run the game. Now the game will not lag at all

Yes enabling Triple buffering, anistropic filtering and Vertical sync, really helped in improving the performance of the game. Now the FPS of the game is above 60 and the game is playable. For improving the performance of the game beyond this level, I think I will have to increase the RAM capacity of computer. Thanks for suggesting solutions.