Thread: The forgotten sands freezes at start-up

The forgotten sands freezes at start-up

Please help I am not able to play the Prince of Persia TFS on my computer. My computer is running on Windows XP and has latest ATI graphic card installed on it but still when I start the game, the processor is at 100% load and the game process stops responding. After this the screen turns black and the only solution is to restart the computer. What can be the reason for this problem? How do I solve this problem? Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: The forgotten sands freezes at start-up

I think there is some problem with the installation of the game which is creating such problem. Some file associated to the game must be missing on the system which is creating such problems. Therefore I will suggest that you uninstall the game and remove all the files associated to it. After removing all the files associated to the game, reinstall the game again and see if the same problem persists.

Is the computer running on a dual core processor? Multi core processors have more than one processors which start processing the applications together which can create problems with some games. To make such games work on the computer, start the game and open the task manager. Go to the processes tab and right click on the game process and set affinity. Remove one of the processor and click on OK. Resume the game and see if the game is working.

Hey thanks for replying to the post. I removed the game and all its component from the computer and then reinstalled the game but still the game is freezing at the startup. Also I am not using any dual core processor on the computer. The computer is running on a single core processor. So are there any alternative solutions?

The Prince of persia The forgotten sands does not supports the Single Core processors and hence you are not able to play the game on the computer. The single core processor will be overused and hence the PC is getting stuck. You will have to get the processor changed to atleast a dual core processor to play the game.

It can be because of the graphics driver which are installed on the computer. If the drivers are not working properly on the computer, the game will freeze when executed. Hence I will suggest that you try to update the graphics driver on the computer and see if the game is working on the computer.