Thread: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Encounters black screen

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Encounters black screen

I am having an with the Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands which i have installed and when i am trying to play the game i am experiencing the Black screen problem which i am unable to solve. I have also searched about this problem on the internet but could not found any proper solution of it. So if possible then please let me know how to get rid of this issue and play the game. Thank you.

Re: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Encounters black screen

This can be solved with the help of the registry editor. Open the registry Editor and then search for the "AlternateVerticalSyncThreshold" if multiple UBi game is installed it will give you the pop registry key which you can get with on the Software and then to UbiSoft after that go to the Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands where you will folder name 1.000000000. Now Right click on the folder and rename it as the 1.0 thats it. This will resolve your issue.

Hi there and thanks for the quick response that you have given me regarding the issue i am getting. I have got your point but as i am not that computer handy i did not get the Registry editing term so unable to perform the same. So if possible then let me know about the same with the stepwise manner so i can easily perform the action that you have discussed above.

OK no issue i am giving you all the things again in the stepwise manner. Hope you will get it and work with it to resolve your issue.
    • Click on the Start
    • Go to the Run
    • Type regedit and hit enter
    • Now in the Registry Editor Windows click on Edit
    • Then to Find and type "AlternateVerticalSyncThreshold"
    • This will open under Software->Ubisoft->Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands->1.000000000->Engine
    • Now Right Click on 1.000000000 and click on rename
    • Rename it as 1.0
    • Click on OK
    • Restart computer

I think that the problem is with the video driver which might be not supporting the game. Have you checked the video card compatibility with the game. If it is not compatible or not having enough support for the same then it is difficult to tun the game on the computer and you will not get the proper screen. So first check for the video card compatibility.

This seems to have the issue of the resolution which is not supporting the game to play on computer. As the game requires the high resolution which your computer is unable to give you. So best way to get rid of this issue is to add a graphic card which will support the graphic resolution of the game. Also read the game requirement and check whether you are standing right on to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-X View Post
    This seems to have the issue of the resolution which is not supporting the game to play on computer. As the game requires the high resolution which your computer is unable to give you. So best way to get rid of this issue is to add a graphic card which will support the graphic resolution of the game. Also read the game requirement and check whether you are standing right on to that.
    I have tried the as it is said and let me tell you that the problem got resolved with the help of these step. So thanks a lot once again for helping me out with the problem of mine.

TO FIX THE BLACK SCREEN !!!!!!!

-right click "Prince of persia.exe"
    -properties
    -compability

choose windows98 - ME mode and run in 640x480 mode.

it worked fine for me.

But i didnt like this prince... It's not like the old ones. Like im playing "Super Sonic" or "Mario3D"