Thread: System activity at 99% in Task Manager while playing games

System activity at 99% in Task Manager while playing games

I had noticed that whenever I play a game the Task Managers shows the CPU usage between 89 to 90% continuously. Even if I minimize the game it shows the same. This create a doubt in my mind. I think my system is getting heated. My system configuration is Intel Core i7 CPU, ATI HD 4650, 2x2 GB and Corsair DDR3 RAM. This issue came in my system after adding the graphic card.

Re: System activity at 99% in Task Manager while playing games

It is possible that your system is getting heated. You can download any temperature utility and figure out what is the exact temperature of your processor. The second way of checking the same is BIOS. It will show you the current system temperature. You can apply a heatsink on the CPU or change the fan. This is also possible because of any third party application eating up your system resource.

As the heat in the system increase the speed of the fan also goes high. You can notice that in BIOS. Just change a heatsink and then check back. Then check in task manager which service in your system is eating a maximum amount of memory. Stop and figure out the application associated with it. This be your antivirus software also. Update your graphic drivers and then check back.

I will recommend you to notice fixed fan speed while working. When I minimize the game the fan speed goes down automatically in my system. But if I maximize it it gets really loud again. So basically before I play a game I always have to set the fan speed to 20% because otherwise it goes max if I don't have it fixed on one amount. Also the activity issue is pretty strange that it is always so high while playing games. That means the system is heating.

Reboot your computer first in safe mode. You can do that by pressing F8 continuously on booting system. Then on the system you can configure the boot screen. Here I will recommend you to go in Windows Advanced Options. In that you can choose any option for recovery. Second thing you can disable and remove the old drivers and applications. Update your GPU drivers.

The CPU (central unit) in the task manager corresponds to the CPU usage if gold is 100% your PC is very slow it is for her that the mouse no longer respond when you click somewhere type start to turn off your PC. Try to make a quick scan of your PC with Ad-Aware is great for transferring viruses or spyware and passes a complete analysis of your PC thanks to your anti-virus personal.

My pc crashed. That is because many things were open, including the task manager. The problem occurred when trying to download a big update (10.5 MB) of Sierra Empire Earth game. It is possible that you system is actually overheating due to the application usage. The best option for that is to restore Windows first. Update your system drivers and then check back.