Thread: Not able to play Quake 2 at 75Hz

Not able to play Quake 2 at 75Hz

I use a desktop and have installed with Quake 2 PC game. The problem that I face is with the resolution. When I play the game setting up the frequency at 60Hz it plays well but when I set it to 75Hz it stutters. Its not fun playing at 60 Hz but the problem is not with all game it happens only with Quake 2. Please help me out. I use Windows 7 and an ATI Radeon 3850 Video card.

Re: Not able to play Quake 2 at 75Hz

The problem that you are facing is probably with the compatible mode. You need to check out by installing the game under compatibility mode. All you need to do is to right click on the installer.exe file and then install the game under compatibility mode for Windows Xp. This will then let you to get the things to perform well for you. Work out by following the steps. It may help you well.

Another way through which you can sort the thing is by performing a clean boot service. You need to type msconfig in the search box option and then hit enter. As it is been done you then need to choose Hide all Microsoft services under the selective startup tab. Then disable services. It will then help you out to work properly. So do check for the same.

There is a way through which you can perform the task and that is by enabling triple buffering and v-sync in CCC that is for the ATI drivers. You c an check out the game is in opengl, if it is essential for direct 3d overrider. So make it function as required. This will then help you out and get sort if the problem that you are facing.

The driver for the video card that you have may not supporting well for the game application that you use. So it would be better that you upgrade the driver for the device and get it installed. As it is been done you need to work well for the same. So I would suggest you to process the thing and then perform the task as needed. This will surely help you out.

Run the system under safe mode and then check out for the necessary or required ailment. This will let you to get the issue to be sorted well. All you need to do is to perform the act that is by making the system to run under safe mode and then install the driver that is essential in order to work well for you. This will then help you out. So check.

I guess the problem is withe game application. You may need to reinstall the same and then look out for the thing. All you need to do is to click on start and then to control panel. Now to the add/remove programs option choose the game application program that you need to remove. Click on remove and then perform a reinstallation. As it is been done you then need to check out for the output. Now install the fresh copy of the application.