Thread: Assassins creed server.exe problem

Assassins creed server.exe problem

When i try to run the offline server.exe for assassins creed 2 i get an error message telling "application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." i have .net framework and visual c++ 2005 installed in my pc. What can i do now?

Re: Assassins creed server.exe problem

I'm Facing the same problem ..since 3weeks i couldn't resolve it.... server.exe working fine before formating my pc..
    Last edited by pradeepoojary; 27-05-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Upgrade to Visual C++ redistributable 2008 and then check for the output. This will help you well for making the necessary ailments to be fulfilled. So do check and perform the task. So do look for the issue and get it worked.

Thank u robdude..... it's worked for me ... a million thanks brother...

Sterile Guest

It worked!!! A lots of thanks. You saved me brother. Thank you very much.

after extracting and installing assassins creed 2, i try to play it. but it showed me "failed to start the game. cannot find essential information in registry. when i checked the folders where it was installed, the file server.exe wasn't there in the DRM folder. so how can i get that file.

Copy the below code into a notepad and then convert the same notepad .txt format into .reg file and save it. This same notepad will be converted into a registry file which you need to just double click. After registering this registry, simply launch the game and hopefully you wont get the error message this time, below is the code:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed II]
    "InstallDir"="{PATH}\\"
    "Language"="English"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed II\1.00]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed II\GameUpdate]
    "execPath"="{PATH}\\AssassinsCreedIIGame.exe"
    "info"="96e5ded6e05b49878ccc619aa63c20a9"
    "installdir"="{PATH}\\"
    "language"="us"

Hey Mario 2. Thank you so much for the help.
    What I've done is, I got the server file through email from a friend in txt format, I converted in to exe and ran it and it appeared in the folder DRM. But the same problem got popped up when I launched it. Then I saw your reply and tried your steps, it got added in the registry after running it. Then every time I launch, it asks me that, "One or more updates has been downloaded! Do you want run now?" I click on yes and this message gets popped up => "Could not retrieve the version number. Installation will be aborted."
    Please help me with this.

Quote Originally Posted by manishkk View Post
    Hey Mario 2. Thank you so much for the help.
    What I've done is, I got the server file through email from a friend in txt format, I converted in to exe and ran it and it appeared in the folder DRM. But the same problem got popped up when I launched it. Then I saw your reply and tried your steps, it got added in the registry after running it. Then every time I launch, it asks me that, "One or more updates has been downloaded! Do you want run now?" I click on yes and this message gets popped up => "Could not retrieve the version number. Installation will be aborted."
    Please help me with this.
    It seems there is some registry problem in your pc which is why the files are not getting copied. One thing you can do is, copy the Assassins creed game file in the C: drive or the drive that has windows installed on it and then try to run the setup of the game from there and check now if the game is getting installed or not.

It's installed already. The Problem is while launching it which i have mentioned in my previous post. And all installed files are in C drive where the window7 is installed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by manishkk View Post
    It's installed already. The Problem is while launching it which i have mentioned in my previous post. And all installed files are in C drive where the window7 is installed as well.
    Can you try to reinstall the Ubisoft Game Launcher. It seems to be problem with this launcher and the Ubisoft team has urged users to update this launcher to the latest to avoid any problems. Also try to update the DirectX version to the latest in your pc and see if that could help. Or else completely uninstall the game and see to it that there should be not a single file remains of the game in your pc and then install the latest Ubisoft Game Launcher and then Assassins creed.