Thread: Forcing AA in Mass Effect

Forcing AA in Mass Effect

In view of the fact that the game does not ship with AA support you have to facilitate it yourself. Should I first download a pleasant free app called Nhancer. Run the program and generate an innovative profile. Add masseffect.exe and masseffectlauncher.exe to the executables register. On the settings panel hit it off enhancements and facilitate antialiasing. Select whichever settings you would similar to. Next click the compatibility tab and check the 'antialiasing compatibility' box. From the drop down register select '00000145: AA & HDR'. Run the game and take pleasure in the smooth lines. Does it run with every additional UT3 engine game too with a little tweaking of the settings.

Re: Forcing AA in Mass Effect

The UT3 uses a method called Deferred Lighting, which does not permit for to utilize of normal Anti-Aliasing, at least in DX9 mode. Epic has stated that when working in DX10 mode in Vista, the game determine to permit the use of AA in the prospect. For the moment there are two ways to force Anti-Aliasing in the game. If you work on a GeForce 8 series card you be able to force AA through the Nvidia Forceware Control Panel using the UT3 game profile in the most recent Forceware, or rename the UT3.exe file originate under the \Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\ directory to BioShock.exe, and utilize the BioShock profile. You be able to be appropriate a brute force method called Supersampling - which works on attractive much any game - using a utility such as nHancer to set 'AA Compatibility mode 45' for the game profile. This is not suggested, as it has a major presentation impact and be able to in addition cause visual glitches. A superior alternative to either of the above is basically to adjust your Post Processing setting to something like Vivid, which helps cover up aliasing tremendously well at a minimal cost in presentation."

As I predictable forcing AA in this game does not actually work that enormous for me. Yes I get graphical glitches with that program or in the Nvidia Control Panel. Similar thing happened in R6 Vegas 2 when I tried to force it. There's a big presentation hit for me, shadows give the impression of being weird on people's faces, and in the case of R6V2 textures would pop in and out.

I am working on dual 8800 ultras so I be supposed to be extremely well turning up AA a bit in this game at 1920x1200. Tweaked AF to 16x in my.ini files so that is set, but I guess for forcing AA you necessitate to do it through the control panel or nHancer. I put it to 4xAA in the nvidia control panel and I truthfully feel similar to I am getting 20fps - it's a HUGE dip. I play tons of other games at this declaration with 4xAA or higher. Has anyone else experienced this.

I tweaked the bioengine .ini file and took the FPS cap off. I was getting similar to 80+ fps fundamentally at every one times cept 40-50s when looking out in the sanctuary. This was at 1920x1200 with 0xAA and 16af. I then tried out a few AA modes (I believe it merely runs with supersampling b/c normal AA and HDR are not companionable) and even though I was reading 40+ still it presently seemed stuttery and slower, which is strange. I supposition I am going to maintain AA off. I hate that part regarding the UT3 engine. Perhaps someone has a superior solution or an improved config they be able to demonstrate me that determine to help. I still do not actually be familiar with how to use nHancer.

I have the similar difficulty of crappy presentation when I try to force AA through the catalyst control panel with my HD4870. It drops down to 17 fps. If I rearrange the 3d settings to defaulting (basically unchecking aa is not adequate, apparently), you determine to get 62 fps in the similar area looking at the similar thing where I was getting 17 before. AA seems to work fine for me in Gears of War when forced without much presentation hit, but it rapes Mass Effect performance for sure.

Alright, in case people did not be familiar with. The Mass Effect be able to have forced AA on nVidia cards (At least on the 8xxx series and up, not certain regarding 7xxx and below). First, grab nHancer. Then, create a profile for Mass Effect and select the MassEffect.exe in your Mass Effect\Binaries folder. Verify the Anti-Aliasing box and choose whichever kind of AA you desire to utilize. (I utilize Multisampling 4x) choose the compatibility tab and modify the top box, "Anti-Aliasing Compatibility" to 00000045: AA & HDR. NOT 00000145: AA & HDR the latter determine to completely devastate your frame rate at the same time as the former seems to be regarding right in terms of performance vs. quality.