Thread: BF:BC2 Beta - Punkbuster issues!

BF:BC2 Beta - Punkbuster issues!

I have managed to get the beta key recently, and finally also got the beat client and then installed but the problem is that whenever I connect in the single server based in Paris, it is kicking me out just after a minute because punkbuster init fails.
    It is displaying the message to update the punkbuster, but the thing is that pbsetup v3.4 is not having the game listed. Anyone else is having this BF: BC2 Beta - Punkbuster problem.

Re: BF:BC2 Beta - Punkbuster issues!

Have you installed the punkbuster at the time you have installed the beta

If you have not installed then go to this location

Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield bad company 2 beta\install\PunkBuster
    After that run the file at that place. Just keep in mind that if you have already installed PunkBuster then uninstall it first using this program and then reinstall it.

I have already installed bf2 and some other punkbuster games; hence it should be on there. As I have said that I have also checked the pbsvc.exe and it is displaying that there is not error and updating the manual has not produced any result.
    I have the beta key from the 3,000 key giveaway and also downloaded the client off fileplanet, not the steam. I have also checked the beta folder but, only “pb” folder is present with some .dlls.

While installing Battlefield: Bad company 2 through Steam, Punk Buster will be installed automatically. But, when Steam installs Punk buster, and you are at the step three of three and you will find yourself waiting at the step three for a long time. This is reason why PunkBuster installation is hidden behind the steam window. You have to minimize the steam window if you want to see the Punk Buster installation wizard.

I am trying to get into Chicago HC match but it keeps displaying me that "Punkbuster must be installed and running in order to play online", I have discovered I have to update or have to something else. I have never faced this problem before but do not know why this problem is occurring but need the solution for this problem.