Thread: Diablo 2 LOD and Windows 7 issue

Diablo 2 LOD and Windows 7 issue

My computer is running Windows 7 operating system and I have installed it recently in my system. When I was working with Windows XP, the game called Diablo 2 LOD used to run fine in my system. Now, I am facing the Diablo 2 LOD and Windows 7 issue. Actually, I have installed the game properly, but it refuses to load in my system. I am not able to understand why this is happening. If anyone has any idea about the problem being caused, then kindly provide me some help as soon as possible.

Re: Diablo 2 LOD and Windows 7 issue

It seems that the Diablo 2 LOD and Windows 7 issue is being caused because there is an incompatibility problem between the game and the operating system. There are many such issues in Windows 7 with the softwares, applications and games that work fine in the older operating systems. This is why it is always recommended that the upgradation or installation to Windows 7 must be avoided.

I suppose that you must have a look at the system requirements of this game to get a clear idea about the Diablo 2 LOD and Windows 7 issue. I have provided the same below:
    • Operating systems: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5, Windows 2000
    • Processor: Pentium 233 or better
    • RAM: 32 MB or better
    • Hard Disk: 650 MB or more free
    • Video Card: DirectX compatible

It can be correctly seen from the system requirements given in the above post that the Diablo 2 LOD and Windows 7 issue is being caused because of the conflicts between the two. This is because this particular operating system is not shown to be supported.

The only way to get rid of this situation is to try to start the game in the compatibility mode. The troubleshoot compatibility option will help you for this purpose.

Just let me know if the issue is solved or not after that.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Hello there,

The Diablo 2 LOD and Windows 7 issue is not sure to be an incompatibility problem. Many a times, it is observed that the Windows 7 operating system blocks many applications and games from starting. This is just the extra security provided to this operating system. You will have to use the option of "run as administrator" to bypass this blockage.

I wish you good luck.

Diablo my favorete game