Thread: Checking FPS in Crysis?

Checking FPS in Crysis?

I had installed Crysis game on my PC. Installation was perfect but i think i messed something in the settings, also facing some lag while playing the game. I have seen may guys commenting on their FPS while playing game, even i wanna check mt FPS.

But as am new to this, i wanna help from you all regarding the same. Is there anyone make me know how can i Check FPS in Crysis?

Help appreciated.

Re: Checking FPS in Crysis?

Its not so difficult mate. Just open up your console and type:
    Code:
    key and type "r_DisplayInfo = 1
    You will get your Frames Per Second. Alternatively you can use Fraps. Actually Fraps is the best solution for this task and i also use this for checking my FPS in many games.

You can use fraps and entering a command in the console game i.e. r \ displayinfo. Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. In its current form Fraps performs many tasks and can best. Am sure you will be satisfied with these tips but if not than try XFire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-X View Post
    Actually Fraps is the best solution for this task and i also use this for checking my FPS in many games.
    Thanks for the quick reply and valuable helps, friend. To be frank, i have never heard about Fraps and dont know anything about it. Could you please give some more info about Fraps, what is it ?

Fraps is designed to find the frame rates in games and DirectX or OpenGL. The name itself derives from the words "Frames Per Second (FPS), the program displays them in a corner of the screen of the game. It measures frame rates by monitoring the calls of the procedure in DirectDraw Flip .

As a screen full of data is transferred from the buffer, the Flip function waits for vertical refresh your screen before entering new data to the screen. Until the recovery (when the screen is inactive), the game avoids the post data when shown, causing a flicker. You can also make screenshots and captures video in AVI format.

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah2010 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply and valuable helps, friend. To be frank, i have never heard about Fraps and dont know anything about it. Could you please give some more info about Fraps, what is it ?
    Fraps is your game recorder. Memory-resident, Fraps is loaded in the background and is activated with a few shortcuts: F9 starts recording video and audio fragments, while F10 takes high quality shots.

The defining feature of Fraps is the count of frames, or frames - per second. You'll see, by default, in one corner of the screen, two yellow numbers indicating the game performance on your computer. If you bother, you can disable them from the configuration panel Fraps."

gamerboy Guest

Like any program of capture, this like most, is used to capture short videos, and that once used the recording function, the FPS decrease rapidly and the video game or application suffers an increase in lag (if have a proper machine that does not happen). The program offers a better performance if you turn off the feature VSYNC .