Thread: BFBC2 cannot Connect

BFBC2 cannot Connect

Hi,
    I am facing several issue while playing Battle Field Bad company 2 game on my system. First after playing couple of hours the game crashed. Nothing works here. Then after that I created a new user account and installed the same in that. It started by I am not able to connect to online server in the game. When ever I try the connection is terminated within some seconds. How to fix this.

Re: BFBC2 cannot Connect

First of all if you are using Windows and then checkout that weather you are logged in as administrator. Then you have to checkout the compatibility mode in the system. In my case I have Windows 7 installed. Right click on the shortcut icon and then choose run as administrator. After that you can go to properties and then select from here run in compatibility mode.

This is common on Vista. Players might have faced crashing and timeout issue in the server list of the game. For that you can follow the following solution. Just right click on the .exe file of game and then choose first Run as administrator. If you have password protection for the same then provide it. Also checkout the compatibility mode in the properties column.

Yes that is right, once you setup the compatibility mode then the game will neither crash not you will get timeout errors. You perform both the things and then run the game back again. You will notice that in the server list you are now able to join online play. If you still face more issue then you can simply re-install the entire game back again and then check back weather it works or not.

Go to the EA site and look out for some patches. The game company has releases some patches fix for the same. You can download the same from the EA site and run the setup in your system. There are various patches and bugs in the game which are fixed by the current updates. You can download and run the same and check back the status again of the server.

There might be issue with your internet connection. You must be first aware about the that your internet connection must stay stable. Check your router status and then setup the firewall settings. It is possible that your firewall might be blocking the server connection. You must provide an exception in the firewall and then try back connecting to the server.

My system is based on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition but it works with any other distribution. However it is possible that in different versions, it need to provide additional libraries to run the server. Run command on your terminal - chmod + x bf2-linuxded-1.1.2965-797.0-installer.sh. The program verifies the archive must wait until there have more small point appear.