Thread: Assassin's creed on GTX260 - glitch when in 3d

Assassin's creed on GTX260 - glitch when in 3d

I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7. On this computer I have installed Assasin Creed's 2 but I am facing some problems while playing the game. The graphic card which is installed on the computer is Nvidia GTX 260. The game performance is too low on the computer. The game lags a lot while playing. So if anybody knows how to solve Assassin's creed on glitch problem on Nvidia GTX 260 then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: Assassin's creed on GTX260 - glitch when in 3d

All the NVIDIA cards are configured to run all the high end graphics applications. These settings some time conflict with the graphic settings of the game. If such situation occurs then the game will not perform properly. Hence configure the graphic card as per the game and see if the game is working properly.

Check if the graphics driver are installed and working properly on the system. For the devices to work properly, appropriate drivers are to be installed on the computer. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer then the device will not work properly. Go to the device manager and highlight the Display Adapter. If there are any caution signs, follow the troubleshooting procedure and see if the problem is solved or not.

The Assasins creed 2 needs a Direct X 10 to be installed on the computer for working properly. Hence I would suggest you check the Direct X version which is installed on the computer. If the Direct X version which is installed is other than DX 10 then install DX 10 and check the performance of the game. Hopefully installing Direct 10 will solve the problem.

Disable the extra processing cores of the processor, if you are using multicore processors. Multicore processors have multiple processors which start processing any application together which causes some problems while playing certain games. Start the game and open the task manager. Right click on process of the game and select Set affinity. Remove the check mark from the extra processing core. Resume the game and see if the game is working properly.

Windows 7 only support Direct 3D mode for graphics application hence if the application is using some other graphics rendering option then there would be some lag or glitch while playing. Hence check the ingame graphics rendering option and change it to Direct 3D if some other option is selected. Once the graphics rendering option is changed, see if the problem persists or not.

The graphics renderer for the game was OpenGL which I changed to Direct 3D as suggested. After changing the graphics renderer to Direct 3D the game is working properly on the computer without any glitch or lag. Also I downloaded a gaming patch which helps in running the game on the single core of the processor which further improves the performance of the game. Thanks for helping out.