Thread: Starcraft freezes whole pc

Starcraft freezes whole pc

Hi,
    Startcraft game crashes on my system. When I run the game it work for some while where menu loads up then the system crashes giving out blue screen. I had then tried back but this the blue screen does appear but rather the system freezes for sometime. After force restart it came back to normal. I had downloaded this game last night from a website. How to fix this.

Re: Starcraft freezes whole pc

I had too faced similar issue for the same. For this when the game hangs press Ctrl + Alt + Del. Then a Task Manager window will popup. In that go to Process and then click on the game file. Click on end process. If you found any blue screen issue then you will need to re-install the game back again. The game might have some missing system files.

First checkout the system requirement of the game. Check that weather your system fits the need of the same. This game needs direct x support on Windows. Try to upgrade that to the newest version. This will be better. Then after that just remove the game from safe mode and then install it back again. If possible try to get a fresh setup file for the same.

It is possible that your game is corrupted. You will need to re-install everything back again. If the game files are not loaded properly like the cinematic the game crashes and stuck the system process also. Also checkout that your security tools like firewall is not blocking the same. You can disable them on temporary basis and then try back.

If you have a graphic card in your system then you will need to update the drivers for the same. Right click on My Computer and then click on Properties. Now go to Hardware and then click on Device Manager. In that right click on the the GPU and then click on update drivers. It will bet better if you have internet connection. Once done reboot your system.

Try to get a fresh setup file for the game. I think you have downloaded a pirated version of the game which has virus in it. Some system file for the same is then blocked by the antivirus program which result in system crash. Remove it at one and visit the official site for game download. Download it and run the setup. A proper re-installation will fix this issue.

Run the msconfig tool from Start > Run. Then you can will get configuration utility. Now in the startup service disable those which you does not need. Go to services and stop the unnecessary services. Reboot your system and check back. Download and install Memtest tool. It will diagnose your RAM and specify you that weather your RAM is proper or not. Blue screen usually appears when you have a faulty hardware in your system.