Thread: Gmod keeps crashing

Gmod keeps crashing

Hey friends, i need some urgent help from you all guys. I am a Windows Vista user and had installed Gmod on the same. Well, there was problem while installation, finished well. But now when am trying to run and play the game, it just crashes repeatedly. It gives me an error message stating "hl2 has stopped".

I know that it is compatible with Vista than what is this annoying part with me ? Does it happened with anyone else ? Please help me out of this .. Thanks for all your helps . FYI, its Vista home premium, Intel chipset, 2 gigs of Ram.

Re: Gmod keeps crashing

It might be the RAM problem. As you said your system has 2 gigs which i consider is too for Windows Vista and playing Gmod on the same. So what i can suggest is have one more ram but be sure to get correct type of ram and knowing your ram limit. I'll also try to find some more solution for this error as its with many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bao View Post
    Does it happened with anyone else ? Please help me out of this .. Thanks for all your helps . FYI, its Vista home premium, Intel chipset, 2 gigs of Ram.
    Yes mate, it happened with me also, some couple of weeks ago. Fortunately i succeeded to fix it. What i did is i uninstalled the game. Went to the directory and deleted all folders related to Gmod completely. Rebooted the system. And installed the game again. Thats it.

Now i can play the game without any issue. Hope this can help you too

Quote Originally Posted by Bao View Post
    It gives me an error message stating "hl2 has stopped".

I know that it is compatible with Vista than what is this annoying part with me ? Does it happened with anyone else ?
    This hl2.exe problem with Gmod occurs most probably on Windows Vista. You can check it out here: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...mes/724596.htm.

Hope this will help you. Also try update your graphics drivers.

Go to 'My games panel' and go to properties of halflife2 by right clicking on it. You will find a tab in the opened window that has a button to reset/check the local files. Click on that button and wait till it finishes fixing the error. Once done, restart the system and try to run the game, you could play it now comfortably. This is what one of my friend tried when he was facing the said error.