Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction Game stutters frequently

Splinter Cell Conviction Game stutters frequently

Hello people, I dont know if anybody else is facing the same problem with Splinter Cell Conviction. I have installed the game on the computer but the performance of the game is very poor. The game lags a lot while playing. Sometimes the game stutters and freezes the system. I am not a computer savvy and hence I dont know why Splinter Cell Conviction Game stutters frequently, so I need your help in solving the issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Game stutters frequently

For every process to be executed on the computer, some memory and CPU usage is allocated. Therefore if lot of processes are running at the same time lot of memory and CPU will be allocated which will create problem while playing game. Therefore before starting the game, go to task manager and terminate all the processes which are unwanted and taking up lot of memory. After terminating all the unwanted processes start the game and check the performance of the game.

If you are using multicore processor then you will have to disable the extra processing cores while playing the game. Some games do not support multiple threaded processors which create lag while playing the game. To disable the extra processing cores, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes. Right click on game process and select Set affinity. Remove the check mark from all the processors except one and click on OK. Resume the game and see if the game is working properly.

Check if the minimum specifications of the game are fulfilled by the computer which you are using. All the applications have some minimum system requirements which are to be fulfilled by the system to run the application properly. If the minimum system requirements are not fulfilled then the application will not work properly. Therefore check the system requirements and then proceed with the further troubleshooting.

Check if the graphic drivers are installed and working properly on the computer. For all the devices which are connected to the computer, a set of drivers has to be installed on the computer. If the appropriate drivers are not installed then the device may not function properly. Go to device manager and highlight the display adapter. If there are any caution signs, follow the troubleshooting procedure and see if the game works. If not then update the drivers for the display adapter.

If you have NVIDIA card then you need to configure the graphic card. All the NVIDIA cards are configured to work with high end graphics editing softwares. This settings sometimes create problems while playing some games. Therefore you will have to reconfigure the graphic card inorder to solve the problem. Go to graphic properties and click on Manage 3D settings. Change the following settings :
    Triple Buffering ---force off
    Anistropic filtering ---force off
    Vertical synce ----force off

The size of the system memory is an important factor in the performance of the game. Every application which is executed on the computer requires some memory space allocated on the system RAM. If the system RAM gets depleted, then the game will not run properly. Therefore I would suggest that you Increase system RAM of the computer and then check the performance of the game.