Thread: "Establishing Network Connection. Please Wait" error in splinter cell conviction

"Establishing Network Connection. Please Wait" error in splinter cell conviction

Hello there, I have a recently bought a Splinter Cell Conviction PC version but I am facing some problems with the game. Whenever I try to connect to the server, the game displays "Establishing network connection" message and gets stuck. I am not able to understand why I am getting this error and hence need your help. So if anybody else is facing similar "Establishing Network Connection. Please Wait" error in splinter cell conviction then please share some information about the same. The operating system which I am using is Windows 7. Thanks in advance.

Re: "Establishing Network Connection. Please Wait" error in splinter cell conviction

Is the router configured properly? For playing online games the, router has to be configured properly. If the router is not configured properly then the game will not be able to establish the network connection with the remote game server. Therefore check the configuration of the router by logging into the router. Use the default IP address of the router to login to the router. Check the configuration and if there are any changes to be made, do it and save the settings. Reboot the router and check if you get the same error or not.

Re: "Establishing Network Connection. Please Wait" error in splinter cell conviction

Is there any firewall installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason why you are not able to join the remote game server. The security softwares have the tendency of blocking all the unknown traffic which is terminating on the computer. Due to this working principle, sometimes the traffic desired by the user is also blocked. I think the traffic generated by the game is blocked by the firewall due to which you are not able to join. Disable the firewall and check if the game is able to connect to the remote server.

I have a Zonealarm firewall installed on the computer which was blocking all the traffic which was generated by the game. I disabled the firewall and now the game is able to connect to the game servers but sometimes the game terminates itself while playing and lags alot for sometime. How do I solve such problem? Please help.

I am glad that the solution worked for you. As the game is terminating in between, it is possible that there is something wrong with the installed version of the game. There are many files which are associated to the game. If any of th associated file is not working or missing the game will not work properly. Remove the game and delete all the files/keys which are associated to the game. Once all the traces of the game are removed, reinstall the game and see if the game is working properly.

Many games have problems while running in Windows 7. Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system the game might run properly on the computer. Hence check the list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 and see if the game which you are trying to play is supported or not. If the game is not supported, you wont be able to play the game.

If you are using multi core processor, then it will lag. Multicore processors have more than one processing threads which start processing any application at the same time. This could cause some problems while running of some applications. Try disabling the extra processing cores while playing the game and check if the problem continues. Start the game and open the task manager. Open the processes tab and right click on the process of the game. Select Set affinity. Remove the check mark from one of the CPU and click OK. Resume the game and see if the game is working properly.