Thread: Pc shuts down by itself for no reason when playing most games

Pc shuts down by itself for no reason when playing most games

my self using a dell XPS computer installed with windows 7. I am facing this weird problem my system shuts down by itself for no reason when playing most games. Then finally i had to restart my system to start playing again. Please tell me how to get rid of this problem. I would be very thankful to you.

Re: Pc shuts down by itself for no reason when playing most games

Sounds like that this restart is because the resolution of your game as well as the resolution of your system are not same. Here first of all try to match the resolution of both the game as well as your system. If this trick fails then check whether you have installed the DirectX , nvidia drivers finally remember to check the minimum system requirements for the game which you are playing.
    Last edited by Hitman22; 30-04-2010 at 05:10 AM.

It appears as your BIOS is not updated and hence your system gets shut down while game play Please update the BIOS to the latest version ( Version R01-A3 or later). Be sure to run this update right after the system started "just-ups to Avoid Unexpected shutdown year while updating the BIOS.

Most probably your system might have been infected with a virus which is causing this unexpected shutdown. So try using an antivirus application like Avast antivirus avast! Free Antivirus is perfect for people who send e-mails and surf popular websites. But if you store sensitive data on your computer, shop or bank on-line, we recommend the comprehensive protection in avast! Internet Security.

As for graphics card, always go for Nvidia. ATI cards are pretty bad in comparison to the sheer quality of Nvidia graphics cards now days. Most games provide full support for most recently released Nvidia graphics cards and are even tested/designed for them! 90% of proper gamers use Nvidia, you just can't go wrong with there graphics cards

This may be because you might be playing a game for which your system does not meets the minimum system requirements or may be the recommended system requirements. So it would be better if you try to get rid of this problem by upgrading the system to the recommended system requirements. This should solve your systems shut down problem while gameplay.

BioEvo Guest

It can be too hight temp on proc, or your RAM may be broken.