Thread: ME 2 CRASHES with DUO CORE, QUAD CORE WINDOWS 7

ME 2 CRASHES with DUO CORE, QUAD CORE WINDOWS 7

Hi,
    I had never received any BSOD error in my Windows XP Pc before. I had upgraded my system entirely with Windows 7 upgrade, Nvidia GPU and 4GB additional RAM. This is enough for any high end graphic game now. So here when I installed Mass Effect 2 with latest patch the game crashed. A blue screen appeared denoting some error. I had re-installed the game and again after some chapters it crashed.

Re: ME 2 CRASHES with DUO CORE, QUAD CORE WINDOWS 7

BSOD are also caused due to unsigned drivers in your pc. So it is always recommended that your computer must have all new and official drivers. Here what happens there are some unsigned drivers that work in Windows 7, but they are the major cause of BSOD. For your Nvidia GPU visit the official site and download the latest Windows 7 support driver.

That is right. I had upgraded Windows 7 but not the drivers of my graphic card. Anyhow Windows 7 detected the graphic card and other low configuration games worked there. But when I played Battlefield on it the game crashes after regular interval. After running a fresh driver update and re-installation of the game the PC worked well till now.

Usually a few restarts fix the BSOD mostly in Windows. BSOD also happens if the RAM is not proper in your PC. Does while upgrade you have checked the proper configuration of your system. It is quiet necessary that your hardware must be compatible with each other, otherwise in future BSOD will become a major issue in your system.

In my case, BSOD occurs when I try to load save games. I have to reboot the system and the games thus works in normal mode. This happens because my save files are corrupted and the game engine to save current game does not work properly. Anyhow I had uninstalled the game and re-installed everything back again with the latest patch. Now it works.

I have a ATI graphic support on my PC. For the BSOD issue in Mass Effect 2 I had used ATI Cross Fire Hot fix. This hot fix helps Windows to identify the dual core processors properly. Now my games is running in fine without any problem in the graphic card. Check your usb or keyboard. If you have a usb mouse then remove and run the game just for testing from the keyboard. If BSOD doesn't not occur the run the update for your mouse or keyboard drivers.