Thread: Mass Effect 2 won't start after i clicked play

Mass Effect 2 won't start after i clicked play

Hi,
    I had installed Mass Effect 2 on my PC. When I click on the shortcut menu of Mass Effect 2 located on my desktop the system freezes and nothing happened. I am right now using Windows 7 with a ATI Graphic card support. I had played DAO on that and that works well. Anyhow the only way to stop the game is Task Manager. I had applied some recent patches but nothing works.

Re: Mass Effect 2 won't start after i clicked play

In my case I had choose a different drive to install the game. First after error I had completely uninstalled the game and then formatted my D drive completely. After giving the manual path to the game I had reinstalled everything. I had also downloaded the latest version of Visual C++ Run time distributable package, just in case of any support. My games works right now.

Insert the Mass Effect 2 installation disc and then choose the repair option while installation. The repair option will fix all those glitches and missing file which might not be updated properly while the first installation. A full re-install can also make the system to work properly. There might be some missing files which are causing the issue. Keep your automatic updates on.

I know that my PC is almost an old garbage, but I manage to play recent games with the config average for almost all of them as Modern Warfare 2, while using AC passes without slowdowns. I does have advanced graphics supports but still my PC is able to run high end graphic games. I am going to run a re-installation for the game again and check back.

Download the current patch for the game. And then unzip the file of new patch to C: \ Program Files \ Mass Effect \ Biogam \ CookedPC \ Movies. AC will directly replace the file that are planted, but still makes a copy of the original files (Movies ) in case, thee not need to reinstall everything. This happens sometime when your first game cinematic fails to work.

I am too using Windows 7 and I had recently updated Win 7 drivers from the ATi's web site and now the game resolution looks to be fixed up and works fine. In your case you can try anyway with VMware Workstation for VIRTUAL PC does not support DIRECT3D support and therefore can not run games that require DIRECT X hardware acceleration and support for 3D.