Thread: Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City reg error, help

Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City reg error, help

Whats up mates.
    I recently downloaded the new game Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City on my pc and installed it fine without any problems on my machine. After the installation was finished I tried to run this game on my pc and a problem occured. As soon as I try to run it on my pc I get a message related to "reg error". I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but the problem still persist if I am trying to run the game. Can anyone help me out. Thanks

abishek Guest

Re: Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City reg error, help

Reg error means that you definitely got some problem in your registry keys. But first can you please tell us what is your system configuration. What operating system you are using. Have you installed any video card, are the drivers for it updated to the latest? Is your system fully updated because there are some chances that if your system isnt fully updated then you tend to get this problems.

Is your config above the Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City minimum pc system requirements? If not then check below its requirements and then upgrade your pc to play the game:

Minimum system requirements:
    Operating system Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) / XP (Service Pack 3) / Windows 7;
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor with a clock speed of 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 with a clock speed of 2.4 GHz;
    1.5 GB (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista / Windows 7) of RAM;
    Video Card or ATI 7900 NVIDIA X1900s with 256 MB of video memory;
    Free space on hard drive: 16 GB.

Try cleaning your pc with registry cleaner tools called Ccleaner or Registry Mechanic program. Both are very good tools that can help clear all the internet tracks and cleans the registry with one click without even damaging your pc. Also, before starting the cleanup procedure, always backup the files or registry so that nothing gets screwed. Hope that helps

Below is the solution to fix Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City reg error:

1. Go to start and then run and type "regedit".
    2. Then you will have to locate the registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and from their "Software".
    3. In the software, you will come across "Rockstar Games" (create this if it doesn't exist, using right mouse button, new, key)
    4. Then inside rockstar create "EFLC" (following the above procedure)
    5. Then In EFLC, right click on the big white screen --> New --> string value
    6. Afterwards name it as "InstallFolder"
    7. Now, you just need to find the path where you downloaded everything, the main folder, which contains files like data.dll, EFLC.exe, etc.., and copy the location.
    8. After doing the above things properly, try to edit the InstallFolder-string value, and set the data to the location you just copied.
    9. Thats it you are done, happy gaming.

After the installation is complete, you just need to use a key to the ultimate patch and copy paste that into the game folder. If you search on google, you can get the same. Next extract the patch to the game directory where the EFLC file is located. Then just Executive regsetup.exe and start the game using LaunchEFLC.exe. You also need to avoid RGSC XLIVE to play the game without any issues.