Thread: Increasing fps for Counter-Strike 1.6

Increasing fps for Counter-Strike 1.6

Sup gamers, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows Xp operating system. The following is the configuration of the computer which I am using :-
    Processor :- Intel Dual core processor @ 2ghz
    Motherboard :- Intel DG945
    Graphic card :- Nvidia 8600GT
    System memory :- 2 gb DDR2
    I installed counter strike 1.6 on this computer but I am not able to get 100fps in the game. The maximum fps which I am getting is 60fps. I think the configuration of the computer is good enough to run the game without any problem. So please suggest me steps for Increasing fps for Counter-Strike 1.6. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Re: Increasing fps for Counter-Strike 1.6

First of all you will have to configure the graphic card of the computer. Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured to run all the high end graphics applications which may lead to problems while playing the game. Therefore try and configure the graphic card according to the game. To configure the graphic card, right click on my computer and then select graphic properties. Click on Manage 3D settings. Disable the following features of the graphic card and then check if the performance of the computer improves or not.
    1. Triple buffering.
    2. Anistropic filtering.
    3. Vertical sync.
    Disable all the above features and then check the performance of the game.

The dual core processor are not typically meant for gaming. Dual core processors have more than one processing core. All the processing cores of the processor start processing any applications together which may create problems while playing certain games. Therefore you will have to disable one of the processing cores while playing counter strike. To disable one of the processing core, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on the game process. Select Set affinity and remove one of the processing core and click on OK. Resume the game and check the performance.

There are some console commands which you need to change inorder to get 100fps in counter strike. To change the console commands, Start counter strike and press the console key. Now enter the following commands in the console and check the performance of the game :-
    1. FPS_max 100
    2. rate 25000
    3. cl_rate 10000
    4. cl_cmdrate 101
    5. cl_cmdbackup 2

You will have to change the flipping policy of the graphic card so that the game does not lag while playing. Flipping policy of the graphic card is set to flip by default which conflicts with Counter strike 1.6 hence it should be changed to blit while playing the game. To change the flipping policy of the graphic card, go to graphic properties and in the flipping policy section, select Blit. Now save and apply the settings and see if the game gives 100fps or not.