Thread: Combat Arms does not work in Windows 7

Combat Arms does not work in Windows 7

I am facing a weird problem with Combat Arm which is installed on my computer. I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have installed Combat Arms on the computer but not able to play the game. Whenever I start the game, it loads up properly and then the screen goes blank. I can here the sound but there is no display. My computer has an Nvidia graphics card installed and therefore I cant understand why I am facing such problem. So if anybody can tell me why combat arms does not work in Windows 7, it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Re: Combat Arms does not work in Windows 7

It is possible that the game is not supported by the operating system and hence the game is not working. Windows 7 does not supports all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will not work at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 operating system is available on the official website of micrsoft. Check the list and see if the game is listed in it. If the game is not supported by the operating system then there is nothing much you can do about it.

Sometimes the configuration of the graphic card conflicts with the graphic settings of the game. If such a situation occurs then the game will not work properly. You will have to reconfigure the graphic card and see if the game is working properly or not. To reconfigure the graphic card, go to the graphic properties of the card and then click on Manage 3D settings. Disable the following features and see if the game works properly or not.
    Triple Buffering
    Vertical Sync
    Anistropic filtering.
    Once all the above features are disabled, check if the game is working properly or not.

Try running the game in compatibility mode. All the versions of the operating system which are released after Windows Xp have a compatibility mode. Compatibility mode helps the user to use the applications of previous operating system on the latest operating system. To run the application in compatibility mode, right click on the icon of the application and then select properties. Go to compatibility tab and check mark the option which says "Run the application in compatibility mode". Select Windows Xp operating system. Save and apply the settings. Check if the game is working properly.

All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are required to make the application work properly. If any of the file which is associated to the application is missing or corrupt on the system then the application will not work properly. The only solution to such problem is to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system. Uninstall the currently installed game and then remove all the files/keys of the game from the system. Reboot the computer and then install the game again. See if the game is working properly after reinstallation.