Thread: Joystick Conflicts with xbox 360 controller in Battlefield 2 game

Joystick Conflicts with xbox 360 controller in Battlefield 2 game

Battlefield 2 was working very well with a Logitech 3D Pro joystick, until I use Xbox 360 controller.

Both joystick and gamepad work very well in other games but Battlefield 2 gives problem. Even when I configure the control again, entering each axis and button, and what I get after doing all this that only my half controls are working on the joystick, the other half on the gamepad.

System configuration
    Operating system Windows 7 64
    Logitech 3D Pro
    MS Xbox360 controller and Battlefield 2 v1.5

Re: Joystick Conflicts with xbox 360 controller in Battlefield 2 game

Try to unplug the xbox 360 controller and change the setting of the Logitech joystick. I am not sure that this will solve your problem, but if you have tried so much then why not try this may be this can work for your problem.
    And if that does not work then set the configuration files in Battlefield 2 to read only. This will definitely solve your problem.

Do pc controller game pads work with battlefield 2

Actually I am having the similar problem. I am having xbox 360 controller connected to my personal computer. I have downloaded the necessary drivers and software from Microsoft programming every command in Battlefield 2 to my controller. But having the problem with LOOKING I can not seem to change it to anything else. In short I need to know that do computer controller game pads work with battlefield 2. If yes, then does anyone know how to?
    Last edited by Elijah2010; 31-03-2010 at 01:28 AM.

If you are saying LOOKING, that means looking for the left to right this can be done by the Left Ctrl key on your keyboard. You can program any other button for doing the same thing. While you are playing the game press and hold the button (that is used for the left ctrl key) and move the X axis stick to pan side by side.

Your problem can be solved with solution given in the above reply but if then you are having the problem in doing that also then you can download the Keyboard to Joystick emulator from the net. It will better if you download the emulator software from the official site of the Battlefield 2 or bf2. This will definitely solve your problem.