Thread: Xbox Live ICMP fails

Xbox Live ICMP fails

Hello Everyone,
    I have some issues related to connection with Xbox live with my Linksys WRT54GL (v1.1) router. I have the special defined ports for xbox live open (UDP 88, UDP 3074, and TCP 3074).

I am sure everything is connected and adjusted properly but I am getting "ICMP fails" error during the connection testing with xbox live on the xbox 360 dashboard. Can anyone help me ?

Xbox Live ICMP fails

Are you aware about this earlier this issue . ICMP is a protocol that is used for testing connectivity and is complexities and bugs found at fault with your firewall router, The error is being occurred because this protocol commonly has been disallowed on your firewall/router which you will require to allow.

Just check your all of the configurations of network implementation and settings of protocols and set it in the way to allow you get access on the router.

Xbox Live ICMP fails

You need to make some physical configuration on network devices to fix this problem. Whatever router or modem you are using for your network connection,Just unplug it from the source and shut down all of the devices for 5 minutes and plug it again within the proper manner of connection and start the router and modem.

Xbox Live ICMP fails

The causes of getting this type of error differs along with the difference of the type of connection you are using as follows:

1- Direct connection to modem
    If you are suffering from this issue then try to restart the modem and the service after 2 or 3 hours.

2- Wired or wireless connection to router
    Reboot the router and then after test Xbox Live.
    Try the service again after 2 or 3 hours.
    Contact with your ISP or the router manufacturer for updating the router firmware and then test Xbox Live.

Xbox Live ICMP fails

ICS (Internet connection sharing )

You should not suffering with this type of connection but In case,if it generated then try to reboot entire devices and then turn off the computer system, modem and Xbox 360 console then switch on all of them again.
    Try the service again after 2 or 3 hours.

If you not getting the exact solution with these troubleshoots then first try out these steps and please don't hesitate to leave the comments.