Thread: Guild wars issues in Windows 7

Guild wars issues in Windows 7

Sup gamers, I am trying to play the game named Guild wars on my laptop but I am facing some problems while playing the game. The laptop has Windows 7 operating system on it and on this laptop I installed the game named Guild wars. The problem is whenever I start the game, it terminates itself while playing. Also the game lags intermittently. I am not able to understand why I am facing such problem while playing the game. The following is the specification of the laptop :-
    • AMD turion X2 Ultra 64
    • 1gb Ram
    • Nvidia 9100mobile Graphic card.
    . So if anybody has any idea how to solve Guild wars issues in Windows 7 then please suggest some solutions. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Guild wars issues in Windows 7

Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will either not run at all or will give some problems while playing the game. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 operating system are listed on the official website. Check the list and see if the game is supported or not. If the game is not supported then try and run the game in compatibility mode. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and select Properties. Go to compatibility tab and select the option which says "Run this application in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP. Now save and apply the settings. See if the game is running properly or not.

Multicore processors are not meant for running the gaming applications. There are more than one processing core. All the processing cores start processing the application together which might create problems while playing the games. Therefore you will have to disable one of the processing cores while playing the game. To disable the extra processing core while playing the game, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on game process and select set affinity. Remove the check mark from one of the CPU and click on OK. see if the game lags.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I tried to run the game in compatibility mode and It worked great. Also disabling one of the processing core solved the problem of lagging but now while selecting characters during missions, the game gets stuck at the loading screen. This does not happen regularly but while playing certain missions. Does this mean that the game is corrupt?

Yes it is possible that the version of the game which is installed on the computer is corrupt due to which it is not working properly. The applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the game is corrupt or missing on the computer, then certain missions of the computer will not work properly. The only solution to such problem, is to replace the files which are corrupt. I will suggest that you remove the game completely from the computer. Uninstall the game and remove all the files/keys which are associated to the game. Reboot the system and install the game. Check if the game works properly.

There is a game patch which is needed to be installed on the computer so that the game works properly. You can download the game patch from the official website of the game developers. Download the latest patch which is available for the game version which you are playing and then see if the game is working properly or not. After installing the game patch, you will not face such problems with the game again.