Thread: Project IGI 2 lags on Windows 7

Project IGI 2 lags on Windows 7

I am playing Project IGI 2 in my system currently. I am facing some issues that Project IGI 2 lags on Windows 7. I am not able to understand why this is happening because I had played the first part of this game without any issues. It is very irritating when the game lags, since I have to restart the game everytime to solve the issue. I know that there are no incompatibility issues of the game with the operating system. Also the my computer configuration is enough for running the game. I know this, since I have checked its system requirements. Please provide some help soon.

Some process may have started

The reason why Project IGI 2 lags on Windows 7 may be because some process may have started. Many a times, the scheduled scans and such other processes, that has to be started at a particular time causes some pressure on the resources provided by the system. At such times, the Task Manager has to be started and the unnecessary processes have to be stopped.

Windows 7 utilizes a lot of graphics memory

Hello there, it has to be noted that Windows 7 utilizes a lot of graphics memory. This is the main cause of the problem that Project IGI 2 lags on Windows 7. It is not the case with this particular game only. I had faced the same issue while I was playing NFS Carbon. There is no solution for this problem. You have to restart the game everytime the lagging occurs.

Quit all the built-in components

It is suggested that you must quit all the built-in components if Project IGI 2 lags on Windows 7. The graphical theme of Windows 7 also uses a great amount of RAM. This means that you have to switch to Aero theme, so that lower memory is consumed by the computer. Also, the gadgets that are provided by the Windows 7 operating system are to be started. Your problem will be hopefully decreased by this technique.

Windows XP and Windows Vista are better than Windows 7

It has been mentioned by many experts that Windows XP and Windows Vista are better than Windows 7. So, use any of these operating systems if Project IGI 2 lags on Windows 7. I am using a dual boot system, that is Windows 7 as one operating system and Windows XP as the other. Whenever I get such types of issues, I just reboot my computer and load into Windows XP.

Optimize the computer

You must optimize the computer occasionally to solve the problems like Project IGI 2 lags on Windows 7. Such issues are seemed to occur when there are junk files in the computer. So, it is suggested that there must be some compatible software like TuneUP Utilities, that will help to enable an overall optimization of the system, thus freeing up the unused resources. It also helps to de-fragment the hard disk.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever