Thread: "Frequency Out of Range" Error in just cause 2

"Frequency Out of Range" Error in just cause 2

I get a black screen whenever i try to start the Just cause 2 demo from steam and after dew moments i get an error message that "Frequency is out of range" . I am able to hear the sound even though the monitor continues to be black. Please help me to get this issue solved thanks in advance.

Re: "Frequency Out of Range" Error in just cause 2

It appears as you have problems with the refresh rate and hence your monitor cannot support the graphics. In this situation i would advice you to force it by adjusting the setting properly with the help of the catalyst if you want you can also make use of the nVIDIA control panel. Hope this will resolve your problem.
    Last edited by robodude; 25-03-2010 at 09:39 PM.

This may be due because you may be running some older drivers and hence you will have to update the drivers it is also advisible to change the resolution to the native resolution and adjust the refresh rate in such a manner that after you finish setting the refresh rate you the game should pick it up.

I am getting the similar problem with this game and even i changed my graphic card but this cannot solve the issue so i think that the problem is with the graphic card only. Please try to give me a solution to this problem i like to play this game very much. But my monitor shows nothing please help soon.

If the refresh rate and all the above setting cannot help you then i think you will have to make use of the compatibility mode. Try to play the game in the compatibility mode so i recommend you to start it in the compatibility mode for windows XP or windows Vista. either of this should help you in this matter.

idea Re: "Frequency Out of Range" Error in just cause 2

In case you folks haven't found this info elsewhere yet, if you go into the directory where it saves games and settings and delete the game settings and try playing again, it should work fine. Found this somewhere else and decided to pass it along here.

The file is under ".../Documents/Square Enix/Just Cause 2/Saves/"

Delete the "JC2Settings" file and try again. I had the "out of range" issue myself and this worked like a charm.

Sidenote: I'm on Windows 7 64bit also and I don't have to run in any compatibility mode