Thread: Dxgi_error_unsupported

Dxgi_error_unsupported

I have Windows 7 32 bit on my computer and this afternoon I just started to play Just Cause 2 demo on Steam but came across this error message:

"DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED"

I read the minimum requirements of the game and I certainly meet all those. I have all my drivers updated. Then why does the hell is this happening to me. I hope this is some one who can help me to get rid of this situation.

Re: Dxgi_error_unsupported

Your problem seems to be quite uncommon to me. However can you tell which graphic card are you using and which DirectX is installed on your computer? If you are using Nvidia's graphic card then for your information it doesn't support dx10.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvati View Post
    I have Windows 7 32 bit on my computer
    Here is where the problem lies and because of this you are getting that error message. Basically Windows 7 comes with DirectX 11 but the nVidia cards doesn't support the DX drivers and hence the result. You can do one thing, replace your graphic card with the one that supports DX11 or you can uninstall your Windows 7 operating system and downgrade it to Windows XP. I hope the later one is better than the initial solution.

According to Microsoft, Dxgi_error_unsupported is returned if the requested functionality is not supported by the device or the driver. In other words, what is said above is correct, either your graphic card or the driver is not supported.

So according to me Just Cause 2 can only be played on either Windows XP or on Amd video cards. Other than that will result into the above mentioned error.

Even I got the same error message on my Windows Vista system when I tried to play Just Cause 2 demo. I googled it a lot for the solution and apparently found that my graphics card isn't DirectX 10 compatible, which I thought it was for some reason. I'll have to see if I can get the xbox working and get it there.