Thread: machine type mismatch error in Just Cause 2

machine type mismatch error in Just Cause 2

I am on Vista Ultimate and I bought this game Just Cause 2 and when I try open steambackup.exe, it says, "machine type mismatch" and then it goes into some kind of error. The first time I tried installing it all the install files disappeared. But the next time I tried and got that error message and not sutcked on it. I am in a lost and need some fix for the same guys, please help!!

Re: machine type mismatch error in Just Cause 2

ERROR_IMAGE_MACHINE_TYPE_MISMATCH 706 (0x2C2) usually means that {Machine Type Mismatch} The image file %hs is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine. Select OK to continue, or CANCEL to fail the DLL load.

These values are defined in the WinError.h header file. They are returned by the GetLastError function when many functions fail. To retrieve the description text for the error in your application, use the Format Message function with the FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM flag.

More information here - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...88(VS.85).aspx

Have you tried to rename the file and then restarted your machine?? Dont delete it cause we cant be so sure what happens next.

I searched on google for this error and came up with a Technet Article, hope it helps you.

The information in this article applies to:

- Microsoft Excel 97, AlphaGeneration version
    ---------------------------------------------

SYMPTOMS
    ========

If you attempt to install or use the Microsoft Excel Virus Search add-in version 1.2 or 2.0, you may receive one of the following error messages:

The image file \xlscan97.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine.

-or-

Microsoft Excel 97 Virus Search Add-In Version 2.0 Could not find XVBSCAN.exe in the same directory as XLSCAN97.XLA.

-or-

Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module: mod_Search

CAUSE
    =====

You may receive one or more of these error messages if you are using a computer that contains a DEC Alpha processor instead of an Intel or an Intel compatible processor. The Microsoft Excel Virus Search add-ins are not designed to work on Alpha-based computers.

A Microsoft Excel Virus Search add-in designed for Alpha-based computers is not available at this time.

STATUS
    ======

Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.

Try the below solutions:
    1. Firts try to install the game from Steambackup folder
    2. Then you will have to run steambackup.exe and choose any of your directory, once you pick it, from there you will have to add a folder like for example - Just Cause 2 - and into that folder directory install the game there, then just copy all the contents from the folder into that same directory.

You have to install runing steambackup.exe set file path to c: drive or (where windows is installed), then program files, then steam --- steamapps. Inside steamapps folder steambackup.exe will creat Just Cause 2 folder and you just have to copy all folder contents that came with Just Cause 2 folder inside it and thats it. Start the game by double clicking on JustCause2.exe and have fun.

thank you. I got the game to install becuase of this thread. But now how do I uninstall the hidden Just Cause 2 folders. At first I didn't install it in Steam---steamapp but in a diffrent directory. I can't see it in my program files and it is taking a lot of space.

kamador451

you should try to this directory

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)

Ps. xxx is your username