Thread: Just Cause 2 steam_appi file copying problem

Just Cause 2 steam_appi file copying problem

Hello all, I have bought the original version of Just Cause 2 for pc. I have windows 7 ultimate and a good configuration and I meet this games minimum system requirements pretty easily. The game is installed fine on my pc but but when I try to launch the game, it wont run and give me an error message 0xc0000022. I checked online to copy some file called steam_appi file to the game folder but after copying that file, I still get the error message. Can anyone help me out. Thank you.
    Determined and Forceful
    Emotional and Intuitive
    Powerful and Passionate
    Exciting and Magnetic

Re: Just Cause 2 steam_appi file copying problem

I think what you are trying to copy is a SteamBackUp.exe file which does not appears while installing the game is what I have figured out till yet. You should actually install only the game and whatever it asks for a "installdir" it doesnt do anything, so ignore that part. I think this is just a way to bypass Steam and make the game playable.

Just to play this game, insert your Just Cause 2 Dvd game inside the dvd drive and when a pop up comes double click "steambackup.EXE" cause it is the real installer used for this game. Now, select your folder when a windows pops up asking where to install this game and click ok and the game will be installed from there. Have fun playing.

Below is way to fix steam_api.dll file missing error:

• Try running the game directly and stop running it by either launching it from a desktop or quick launch shortcut. Go to the Just Cause 2 games folder and double click on the game executable or the .exe file.
    • Now to fix this issue you will have to reinstall the game and the Stream client. We can only think that somehow the initial installation might got have messed up without all required dll files being copied to your hard drive.
    • From the full installation of Just Cause 2 game copy all the missing dll files.

I think that you copy of the Just Cause 2 game is not legit. I found out that steam_appi file is actually virus file and if you are so unsure about it then try to send the file sample in a password protected archive to virus@avg.com for analysis. Wait and see whether it's a false positive or correct detection. You should not download any file from the internet cause there seems to viruses hidden inside in this files.

I was also not sure whether this file file can be trusted to be installed or not, cause once you load your game dvd then it usually does not load this type of installer that we can see on other games. It was actually renamed to something called "Steam replacement by reloaded" which worried me somewhat and I hope that it will not hard my pc or else it would be very bad.