Thread: Assassin's Creed II crashes in Windows 7

Assassin's Creed II crashes in Windows 7

Hi to all gamers, I am facing a weird problem while playing Assassins Creed II on my computer. I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7 operating system and is powered by Intel Dual core processor. There is an Nvidia 9800GT graphics card installed on the computer. I have recently installed Assassins Creed II on the computer but I am not able to play the game. While playing the game, it suddenly starts to lag and then the game quits itself. I think the configuration of the computer is good enough to run the game but still dont understand why Assassin's Creed II crashes in Windows 7. Any suggestions about this topic are welcome

Re: Assassin's Creed II crashes in Windows 7

Dual core processors are not typically meant for running gaming applications. Dual core processors have more than one processing cores. All the processing cores of the multicore processor start processing the applications together which creates problems while playing certain game. I think Assassins Creed II is lagging on the computer because of this and hence you will have to disable the extra processing core while playing the game. To disable the extra processing core, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on process of the game. Select Set affinity and remove the extra CPU. Click OK and resume the game. See if the game lags or not.

Check the configuration of the graphic card before doing any further troubleshooting. Sometimes the configuration of the graphic card conflicts with the graphic settings of the game due to which the game does not work properly on the system. To configure the graphic card, go to graphic properties and select Manage 3D settings. Now follow the steps below :-
    • Highlight Vertical Sync and enable Force off.
    • Highlight Triple buffering and enable Force off.
    • Highlight Anistropic filtering and enable Force off.

save and apply the settings and see if the Assassins creed II works properly

It is possible that Windows 7 does not support the game and hence it is not working properly. Windows 7 does not support lot of games which are supported by Windows Xp. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will not run at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 is available on the official website. Check the list and see if the game is supported or not. If the game is not supported by the operating system then there is nothing much you can do about it.

I think there is some problem with the version of the game which is installed on the computer. All the applications have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the game is missing or corrupt on the system then the game will not work properly. Therefore I would suggest remove Assassins creed 2 from the computer and remove all the keys/file from the computer. Once all the traces of the game are removed from the computer. Reboot the system and install the game again. After installing the game see if the game is working properly.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

The display drivers on the computer must not be working properly due to which the game is not working. Every device which is connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as a mediator between the operating system and the device. If the appropriate drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers for the display adapter are installed and working properly, go to device manager and highlight the Display adapter. Follow troubleshooting procedure if there are any caution signs. You can also try and update the drivers for the display adapter and see if the game works properly.

bug fix http://forums.techarena.in/attachmen...values.zip.att

simple extract it to C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\DRM-AC2-OFFLINE.Server-v0.3.2
    Edit/Delete Message