Thread: Unable to install gta 4 in Windows Vista

Unable to install gta 4 in Windows Vista

Hello friends,
    I have just got GTA 4 game on my computer which has Core 2 Quad 2.33, 4GB DDR2 RAM, GeForce 9400GT graphic card, 500GB SATA HDD, Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit) edition. I tried to install the social club of the game but when the installation precess starts, i get an error message stating that "your system is not compatible with %p". i don't know why i am getting this error though i have the correct system requirement for the game.

Re: Unable to install gta 4 in Windows Vista

THe best thing which you need to do is to right click on the setup files of the game and then you need to choose the compability mode as Windows XP sevice pack 3 or Windows XP service pack 2. It will help you to play the game with the best compability mode and also you can play this game without any future problems and error. So better to choose the best compability mode to have the games best supported to your system.

There are most of the people who face the problem of installation and if it gets installed the game does not starts. This game require the high standards of the system requirement. You can check out the system requirement for the GTA 4 game.

Minimum requirements:
    1. Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
    2. Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB of hard disk space
    3. Graphics Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended requirements:
    1. Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1GHz
    2. Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista), 18 GB of hard disk space
    3. Graphics Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

As you have got all the system requiremenst for your computer to play this game, you will not able to play this game in the great quality it will be in the low quality. So to play this game in HD quality without any lag problems then you need to use 1920 * 1080 screen resolution Quad cores and a 2.66 GTX 280 or HD 4870 and 4GB of ram which are required. And also if the game doesn't start, then it is important to install Service Pack 3 for XP and Vista SP1. And also you need to get your graphics drivers up to date.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

As you have stated that you are using windows Vista then for vista users it is mandatory to set the compatibility mode for the game.
    • You need to right click on the icon of the game and then click on the "Properties."
    • Then you need to click on the "Compatibility" tab.
    • After that click on to activate the checkbox "Run this program in compatibility mode for", and then select "Windows XP". If it asks you to install service pack 3 then check the "windows 2000" in the given list.
    • Finally click on "OK."

There are most of the games which are able to install on the computer or laptop. But after some times the games start to crash and then they ar unplayable by the user on a particular. So to avoid this problem of crashing, the game developers have built a patch file for the games which helps the game to fix all the bug and crash problems from the computer and the games. So you also need to have the latest updated patch file for the GTA 4 game which fixes the crashing problem.